Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPant)
Dist. Udham Singh Nagar, Pantnagar- 263145 Uttarakhand (India)
Phone: 05944-233320, 233350, Fax: 05944-233473
Applications are invited for Entrance Examination-2009 for admission to Undergraduate, Masters' (except M.Tech.) and Ph.D. programmes of the University from the Bonafide residents of Uttarakhand. Other States candidate may also apply for admission to Ph.D. Programmes only. The Wards of Kashmiri Migrants and J & K Residents may also apply for admission to Undergraduate Programmes only.
Entrance Exam Admission Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPant) 2009 - 2010
The schedule of entrance examination is as under:
Ph.D. & Masters: 06.6.2009 (Saturday) - 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
Undergraduate : 07.6.2009 (Sunday) - 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
Last date 11.04.09
1. Disciplines for both Masters' & Ph.D. Programmes: Agriculture: Agril. Economics, Agronomy, Agrometeorology, Agril. Extension & Communication, Entomology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Horticulture, Horticulture (Floriculture & Landscaping), Plant Pathology, Seed Science & Technology, Soil Science, Vegetable Science Home Science: Clothing & Textiles, Family Resource Management Science: Agricultural Chemicals, Botany, Environmental Science, Food Technology, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Plant Physiology Veterinary Science: Anatomy, Animal Nutrition, Biochemistry, Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine, Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Physiology, Poultry Science, Public Health, Surgery & Radiology, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Livestock Production & Management, Genetics & Animal Breeding.
2. Disciplines for Masters' Programmes Only: Agriculture: Agro forestry, Science: Agricultural Statistics, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry Home Science: Foods & Nutrition, Human Development & Family Studies Fisheries Science: Aquaculture, Fishery Biology Veterinary Science: Economics, Vety. and Animal Husbandry Extension, Livestock Products Technology, Animal Biotechnology, Microbiology & Immunology, Parasitology.
3. Disciplines for Ph.D. Programmes Only: Science: Molecular Biology & Biotechnology Engineering: Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Farm Machinery & Power, Hydraulic, Irrigation & Drainage, Mechanical, Process & Food, Production, Soil & Water Conservation, Structural Home Science: Human Nutrition, Fisheries Science: Fisheries Resource Management Management: Management (Self-financing).
4. Undergraduate Programmes: B.Sc. Ag., B.V.Sc. & A.H., B.F.Sc., B.Sc. Home Science, B.Sc. Forestry, B.Sc. Horticulture, B.Sc. Food Technology (Self-financing).
5. M.Tech: Admission to M.Tech programmes, given below, shall be made through GATE for Bonfide residents of Uttarakhand as well as candidates of other States. The inter-se-merit shall be determined based on GATE score. Admissions to Agricultural Engineering programmes for Other State candidates will be made though Entrance Examination conducted by ICAR.
Ph.D. Programmes: Master's degree in the related field with an OGPA not less than 6.500/10.000 or 4.000/5.000 or 1st Division in case of the Universities where these scales are not applicable and with an OGPA not less than 6.000/10.000 or 3.000/5.000 or 55% marks in aggregate in Bachelor's degree.
Masters' Programme: Bachelor's degree in the related field with an OGPA not less than 6.000/10.000 or 3.000/5.000 or 55% marks in aggregate in case of the Universities where these scales are not applicable.
B.Sc. Ag., B.Sc. Forestry, B.Sc. Horticulture, B.Sc. Food Technology:- Intermediate Agriculture /Science with Mathematics or Biology or equivalent examination.
B.V.Sc. & A.H.: Intermediate Science with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or equivalent examination.
B.F.Sc.:- Intermediate Science with Biology/Agriculture or equivalent examination.
B.Sc. Home Science: - Intermediate Science with Mathematics or Biology.
Note: Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Availability of Prospectus with application form:
By post: Candidates can obtain the Prospectus with application form by sending written request to the Coordinator Admission, G.B. Pant University Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar –263145, Distt. – U.S. Nagar (Uttarakhand) along with a crossed bank draft of Rs. 150/- drawn in favour of PEECRF A/C, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar payable at S.B.I. / UCO. Bank/PNB, Pantnagar accompanied by 30 x 25 cm size self-addressed stamped envelope-bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 19/- by Ordinary Post & Rs. 36/- by Registered Post. No request for supply of Prospectus & Application form by post will be accepted after 11.04.09. Also the Prospectus & Application forms are available with a late fee of Rs. 200.00 from 15.4.2009 to 21.04.2009 at Admission Cell.
Through Designated Post Offices:
Undergraduate : 07.6.2009 (Sunday) 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
The Last date for sale of application form and Prospectus at Post Offices: 11.4.2009
The last date for sale of application form and Prospectus by post :11.4.2009
The last date for submission of completed application forms is 15.4.2009. Application if delivered after 15.4.2009 and on or before 21.4.2009 a late fee of Rs.200.00 is payable in addition to prescribed examination fee.
The sale & submission of completed application forms at Admission Cell with a late fee of Rs.200.00 in addition to prescribed examination fee between 15.4.2009 & 21.4.2009.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".