DN-41, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091
Phone: 033-27062124 / 25
Admission Notice for Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) - 2009
Aliah University, established under the West Bengal Act XXVII of 2007 by the West Bengal Legislature and declared as a minority institution vide G.O. No. 1465 - MD / 07 dated 12-10-2007 and approved by UGC, announces the following programmes for the academic session 2009-10:
1) 5-yr integrated M.Sc. (3-yr B.Sc. (H) + 2-yr M.Sc.) in (a) Computer Sc., (b) Chemistry (with specialization in Medicinal Chemistry), (c)Engineering Physics, (d) Mathematics & Computing, (e) Statistics & Informatics;
2) 5-yr integrated MCA (3-yr BCA (H)+ 2-yr MCA);
3) 4-yr B.Tech. (H) / dual degree M.Tech. (Computer Sc. & Engg., Electronics & Communication Engg., Electrical Engg, and Civil Engg.);
1. 5-yr integrated M.Sc (3-yr B.Sc. (H) + 2-yr M.Sc.) in (a) Economics and (b) Geography ;
2. 5-yr integrated MBA (3-yr BBA (H) + 2-yr MBA with specialization in Hospital, Retail, and Financial Management);
1. 5-yr integrated M.A. (3-yr B.A (H) + 2-yr M.A.) in (a) Islamic theology, (b) Islamic Studies, (c) Arabic, and (d) English ;
2. 2-yr M.A. / M.Sc. in Media Science (Journalism & Mass Communication);
NB: Four of these courses, namely, M.Sc. (Computer Science), MCA, MBA, and M.A./M.Sc. (Media Science), were introduced from the academic session 2008-09 in collaboration with Techno India Group and for 2009-10 session also these four courses will be run in collaboration with them.
Gr. A: Passed / appearing in the final examination of 10 + 2 with Science.
Gr. B: For Item 1, passed / appearing in the final examination of 10 + 2 with Mathematics and relevant subject. For Item 2, passed / appearing in the final Examination of 10 + 2 in any discipline.
Gr. C: For Item 1, Passed / appearing in the final Examination of 10 + 2 securing at least 45% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in the relevant Subject. For Item 2, any degree from a recognized University.
Candidates securing 50% marks or grade point average 5.5 in 10 point scales will be eligible for applying for Group A & B Courses.
Candidates for admission to Group A & B Courses are advised to collect their Application Form & Prospectus on payment of Rs. 500/- in cash from the designated Branches of SBI from 24.04.09 to 23.05.09.
Separate Application Forms are to be submitted for Group A & B.
Last date of receiving complete Application Forms for Gr. A & B is 26.05.09.
For Gr. C courses Application Forms with prospectus will be available on and from the 4th day after publication of H.S.(XII) of WBCHSE (West Bengal Council Higher Secondary Education) result or Fazil (XII) of WBBME (West Bengal Board of Madrasah Education) result from DN-41, Sector-V, Salt Lake Campus on payment of Rs. 250/- in cash.
Last date of receiving complete Application Forms for Gr. C will be notified in the Notice Board of the University
MERIT LIST: A merit list will be prepared on the basis of scores in the written test. A separate merit list will be prepared for the Physically Disadvantaged (PD) candidates. Qualified candidates whose name would appear in the merit list will be called for an interview.
PATTERN OF AUAT-2009: For Group A there will be two papers. Paper 1 will be on English and General Knowledge and Paper II will be on physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (in the ratio of approximately 1:1:2). For Group B there will be one paper of three hours duration-it will be on English, Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge and Mathematics all having equal weightage. Questions in these papers will be of objective type in the form of multiple choice questions, which are to be answered on a specially designed machine-gradable sheet (ORS - Optical Response Sheet) using Black ballpoint pen only.
SCHEDULE OF AUAT-2009: The examination will be held on 28/06/09 as per the schedule given below:
For Group A, i.e., B.Tech.. (H), M.Tech.. (dual-degree), 5-year integrated MCA, M.Sc. in Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Statistics:
Paper-I English + General Knowledge + Logical Reasoning 9 am to 10 am
Paper-II Physics + Chemistry + Mathematics 10-30 am to 1-30 pm
For Group B, i.e., 5-yr integrated MBA (specialization in Hospital, Retail, and Financial Management), 5-yr integrated M.Sc. in Economics and Geography:
Paper-I English + Logical Reasoning + General Knowledge + Mathematics 2-00 pm to 5-00 pm
Syllabus for Admission Test
• Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics for Group A: As per the syllabus of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE).
• English: According to the syllabus of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE).
• General Knowledge: This will comprise History (Medieval and Modern India), Geography, Political Science, General Science, Current Affairs, and Islamic History and Culture.
• Logical Reasoning : (Example)
Q1. Fill in the missing number in the sequence 5 7 11 ? 35 67
(a) 15 (b) 32 (c) 19 (d) 24
Q2. In the following series, how many Ws are there such that each W is followed by an F next to it if the F is not followed by a S next to it?
W F W S Q M W F S M F W F F W Q M W W F Q W F S F W A M F W F M
(a) 3 (b) 2 (c) 1 (d) none
Q3. If SOHDVH is coded as PLEASE how will JDLQ be coded?
(a) MIND (b) ALERT (c) BRAVE (d) GAIN
Important Dates (For Groups A & B):
1. Sale of Application Form starts from SBI Branches 24/04/09
2. Sale will continue up to 23/05/09
3. Last date of Submission of Application Forms 26/05/09
4. Date for Admission Test 28/06/09
5. Interview dates 21/07/09 to 24/07/09
6. Finalization of Admission 05/08/09 & 06/08/09
7. Academic Session 2009-10 starts 12/08/09
Selected Branches of State Bank of India:
Burdwan - Burdwan Branch, Court Compound, Burdwan. Pin-713101. & Asansol Branch, Bijaypal Sarani, Pin – 714304. Uttar Dinajpur - Raiganj Branch, Uttar Dinajpur, Pin-733134. Darjeeling - Siliguri Branch,Siliguri, Pin – 734401. Coochbihar - Coochbihar Branch, Coochbihar, Pin – 736101. Kolkata - Park Street Branch, 12B Park Street, Kolkata – 700071. & Wellesley Park Branch,1, Haji Md. Mohsin Square, Kolkata-700016. North 24-Pgs - Basirhat Branch, North 24-Pgs. Pin – 743411. Nadia - Krishnagar Branch, 5B, D. L. Roy Road, Pin – 741101. Purulia - Purulia Branch, P.O. – Purbasthali, Pin – 713513. Birbhum - Suri Branch, Birbhum. Pin – 731101. Hooghly - Arambagh Branch, Link Road, Pin – 712601. Purba Medinipur - Panskura Branch, Panskura, Purba Medinipur. Paschim Medinipur – Medinipur Town Branch, Paschim Medinipur, Pin-721101. Murshidabad – Baharampur Branch. Malda - Malda Branch, Malda, Pin - 732101 South 24 Pgs – Baruipur Branch. Dakshin Dinajpur - Balurghat Branch Bankura – Bankura Branch.
NB: All students of the University shall have some basic minimum knowledge of Arabic and Islamic Studies and for that they have to take four compulsory subjects, viz., Elementary Arabic – I, Elementary Arabic – II, Islamic Studies – I, and Islamic Studies – II in the first four semesters of their curricula. Students having already studied these subjects as part of their Secondary and Higher Secondary curricula will be offered suitable alternative subjects in lieu of them.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".