(i) Biotechnology and Biomedicine
(ii) Genetics and Evolution
(iii) Cell Biology and Development
(iv) Molecular Biology
(iv) Biochemistry and Biophysics
(v) Bioinformatics and Theoretical Biology.
Candidates who satisfy the following criteria only need apply:
1. Should have an M.Sc. degree in any area of biological/physical/chemical sciences including mathematics and qualified in the CSIR-UGC (NET) examination for Junior Research Fellowship. The Fellowship Certificate should be valid as on the date of joining. (Candidates qualified only for Lecturership in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
2. Candidates qualified in ICMR-JRF examination under Life Sciences may apply. Admission will be subject to their qualifying in the CCMB written test/interview and award of Fellowship by ICMR.
3. Candidates qualified in DBT-JRF examination can also apply.
4. Engineering (B.E. & B.Tech.) or B.Pharm graduates with Biotechnology as a subject of study and have qualified in GATE examination with a minimum of 85 percentile may also apply for award of Research Fellowship subject to their qualifying in the written test/interview and award of fellowship by CSIR. The GATE certificate should be valid as on the date of joining.
5. Students with non-life sciences background (having master degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Chemistry and B.Tech in Computer Sciences or other Engineering discipline) are specifically encouraged to apply, if they have high desire and motivation in doing interdisciplinary research in Life Sciences.
6. Students with MBBS with first division may also apply. Selected candidates should also qualify/obtain the Senior Research Fellowship conducted by the Human Resource Development Group, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi, to pursue PhD in CCMB.
7. Upper age limit is 28 years as on 8.12.2008 which is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically Handicapped candidates.
Applications : Candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their typed applications on plain paper with the following details:
(Please superscribe "Application for the Ph.D. programme" on the application form as well as the envelope) 1) Full name of the candidate (in BLOCK LETTERS); 2) Correspondence and Permanent address with Telephone number and email address; 3) Date of birth and age in years; 4) Nationality; 5) State whether belongs to SC/ST/OBC /Physically Handicapped/ General (in case of SC/ST/OBC/PH, please enclose attested copy of the certificate); 6) Date and year of passing CSIR-UGC (NET) examination with Roll No., CSIR/UGC Scheme and subject; validity period and whether the fellowship is activated and if so, please furnish the particulars; 7) Date and year of passing GATE/ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF examination with Regn. No., percentile and subject; validity period; 8) Educational qualifications commencing from 10th class, Intermediate, B.Sc/ B.V.Sc. and M.Sc/ M.V.Sc/ BE/ B.Tech. with name of the University, year of passing, Class/Division, percentage of marks, subjects (underline the main), etc.
The filled in applications affixed with a signed recent passport size photograph and attested copies of certificates of date of birth, educational qualifications, etc. should reach the Administrative Officer, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Habsiguda, Hyderabad 500 007, Andhra Pradesh, by 8.12.2008.
Written Test and Interview : All the applications will be screened and candidates found suitable will be called for written test on 16.1.2009 at CCMB, Hyderabad. Candidates qualified in the written test will have to appear for interview on 17th & 18th January , 2009. Candidates selected in the interview will have to stay for discussions on 19.1.2009 with Scientists at CCMB regarding allotment of projects for the Ph.D. programme. Traveling Allowance is not payable by CCMB and candidates have to make their own arrangements for stay, etc. at Hyderabad.
Candidates who have qualified in CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or ICMR-JRF or DBT-JRF can also walk in on the day of the written test (16th January, 2009) at 7.30 AM in CCMB along with proof of their qualification for the respective fellowship. They are requested to send an email intimating the same to AO, CCMB at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mere fulfilling of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of the Centre in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
Last date of Application: 8.12.2008.
For more details visit: http://www.ccmb.res.in
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".