► Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar, Punjab - Ph.D, M.Tech. and M.Sc. Admissions 2009-2010
M.Tech (Full Time)
Structural & Construction Engg
Computer Sc & Engg
Electronics & Communication Engg
VLSI Design (10)
Control & Instrumentation Engg
Textile Engg & Management
M.Tech (Part Time)
Structural & Construction Engg
Computer Sc & Engg
Ph.D (Full Time/ Part Time)Specialisation Areas
New and Renewable Energy, Transport Phenomenon, Petroleum Engineering, Multiphase Flow, Environmental Engineering, Polymer Technology
Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering, Pavement Design, Concrete Technology
Networking, Scientific Computing, Mobile Computing, Information Security, Optical and Wireless Networks, Cryptography, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Radio-over-fibre Networks, sensor networks
VSLI Design, R F Design, Intelligent Systems, Mobile and Wireless Communication
Biomedical Instrumentation & Signal Processing, Optimization and Computer Controlled System, Control Theory applied to Power System problems, wireless networks
Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Control Engineering & Robotics, Active Vibration Control, Metal Cutting and Machining, Condition Monitoring of Cutting Tools, Advanced Materials & Fracture Mechanics, Non-traditional machining processes (EDM)
Design: Machine Design, Vibrations, CAD, Finite Element Methods, Composite Materials, Occupational Noise Exposure, Mechatronics, Robotics, System Dynamics & Control, Modeling & Simulation of Physical System, Bio Mechanics
Thermal: Heat Transfer, CFD, IC Engines, Combustion Diagnostics, Alternative Bio-fuels, Thermal System Design, Alternative Refrigerants, Heat Exchanger Design, Power Plant Engineering, Turbo Machinery, Fluid Mechanics
Fiber Science, Design and Analysis of Textile Structure (Yarns and Fabrics), Mechanics of Textile Process, Medical Textiles, Nonwovens, Garment Technology, Colouration and Finishing of Textiles
Enzyme Technology, Microbial Biotechnology
Natural Products, Synthetic Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, Nanochemistry, Nanosurface Chemistry, Smart Polymers, Solution Thermodynamics and Environmental Chemistry
Plasma Physics, Applied Electro-magnetics, High Energy Physics, Nuclear Physics, Liquid crystals, Radiation Measurement
1) Ph D programmes: For Engineering Departments: Master's Degree in Engineering/Technology in relevant areas with first class or minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5 on 10 point scale), for other departments: Master's degree in appropriate branch of Science/Humanities/Social Sciences with a first class or minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5 on 10 point scale).
2) M Tech (Full Time) programmes: A valid GATE score alongwith Bachelor's Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology with a first class or minimum 60% Marks or CGPA of 6.50 (on 10 point scale) or equivalent. However, if the seats remain vacant, candidates without GATE score shall be considered.
For sponsored seats, Candidates serving AICTE approved technical Institutes/Industry/R&D organizations/National Laboratories having above mentioned academic qualifications and having more than two years teaching/professional experience are eligible.
3) M Tech (Part Time) programmes: Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology in relevant allied discipline with minimum 60% marks or CGPA of 6.5 (on 10 point scale). For admission to Material Science and Technology, candidates with Master's degree in Physics/Chemistry with minimum 60% marks or CGPA of 6.5 (on 10 point scale) are also eligible.
Further, an applicant seeking admission to an M Tech (part time) programme must be sponsored from a technical Institute approved by AICTE/Industry/R&D organization/National Laboratory. Further, he/she must have two years (minimum) of teaching/research/professional experience to his/her credit on the last date of receipt of applications.
4) M Sc (Full Time) programme: Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline with 60% aggregate marks or CGPA of 6.50 (on 10 point scale). For admission to M Sc in Physics, a pass in Mathematics at Bachelor's level is compulsory.
1. Admission to PhD (Full time/Part time) programmes will be based upon the recommendations of a panel of experts before which the candidate(s) is required to make a presentation on a topic of his/her proposed area of research using power point presentation. The interviews shall be held from June 08, 2009 to June 12, 2009.
2. Admission to M Tech (Full Time) programmes will be based upon the merit of GATE scores (strictly). All candidates are required to report in the respective department on 01.06.2009 at 9.30 a.m. In case, seats remain vacant after admitting GATE qualified candidates, then candidates without GATE score shall be considered for admission to the respective programme. These candidates will have to appear in a written test in the respective department on the same day at 10.00 a.m. Admission to the non-GATE qualified candidates shall be made based upon their performance (merit) in the written test.
3. Admission to M Tech (part Time) programmes will be based upon the performance (merit) of the candidates in a written test to be conducted in the respective department(s) on 01.06.2009 at 10 a.m.
4. Admission to M Sc (Full Time) programmes will be based upon the performance (merit) of the candidates in the written test to be conducted in the respective department(s) on 01.06.2009 at 10 a.m.
1. Category (General/OBC/SC/ST) once chosen by the applicant in his/her application form shall not be changed at a later stage. Candidate(s) claiming any reservation category (OBC/SC/ST) and also General category should apply on separate application forms for the purpose.
2. A programme (M Tech/M Sc) shall be allowed to start only if minimum five (05) students are admitted to that programme.
3. List of eligible candidates for admission to M Tech/M Sc (full/part time) programmes in various departments shall be available on the Institute website www.nitj.ac.in by May 25, 2009, otherwise the information can be obtained from the concerned Head of the Department on telephone.
4. For admission to Ph D programmes, list of eligible candidates in various departments alongwith the appropriate schedule of interview shall be available on the Institute website www.nitj.ac.in by May 29, 2009, otherwise the information can be obtained from the concerned Head of the Department on telephone.
5. The list of selected candidates (in M Tech (full time)/ M Tech (part time)/ M Sc (full time)programmes) shall be displayed in the respective department on 02.06.2009, on the next day of the written test. The selected candidates will be required to deposit the fee and other charges (for fee details please refer to Institute website) within a weeks time.
Reservation: The reservation rules will be followed as per Government of India guidelines prevailing at the time of admission
(i) All M Tech (Full Time) students (GATE qualified) will be awarded scholarship-cum-teaching-assistantship @ Rs 8,000/- per month as per guidelines of Ministry of HRD (please visit our website www.nitj.ac.in).
(ii) Ph D (Full Time) students will be awarded scholarship cum teaching assistantship @ Rs 14,000/15,000/- per month plus Rs 30,000/- for contingency grant per annum as per guidelines of Ministry of HRD (please visit our website www.nitj.ac.in).
How to apply:
The application form can be downloaded from the institute website www.nitj.ac.in. Application form duly filled accompanied by self-attested Photostat copies of the relevant certificates/testimonials, alongwith a crossed demand draft of Rs.600/- (Rs.300/- for SC/ST candidates) towards application fee drawn in favour of Director, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar payable at Jalandhar should reach the concerned Head of Department by due date, i.e. May 22, 2009. The application performa can also be obtained from the Head of the concerned Department in person during working hours.
Note: Those candidates, who are appearing in the final year/final semester of their qualifying examination in April/May, 2009 may also apply provided they are able to submit their final/confidential results meeting eligibility criteria as mentioned above by September 01, 2009 positively, failing which the admission automatically stands cancelled, and the seat shall be offered to the Candidate(s) in waiting.
Complete applications must reach to Head of Department, Department of ___________, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, P.O.NIT Campus, Jalandhar 144 011, latest by May 22, 2009. The envelope must be superscribed as APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO _______ PROGRAMME (FULL/PART TIME) IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ___________. Sponsored candidates should send their applications through proper channel. Late applications shall not be entertained.
Admission to M Tech (GATE) (Full time) programmes/ Written Test for admission to M Tech (non-GATE) (Full/Part time)/ M Sc (full time) programmes : : 01.06.2009
Dr R K Garg, Dean (Research and Industrial Liaison) +91- 9417549528 (mobile) or
The concerned Head of the Department at
EPABX: 0181-2690301, 302 Extension (by Operator)
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".