GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
DEPARTMENT OF SPACE
VIKRAM SARABHAI SPACE CENTRE
ADVERTISEMENT No. VSSC-232, Dated 20.09.2007
Invites applications for SCIENTIST/ENGINEER
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), is the largest establishment under the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space. VSSC is engaged in the development of Sounding Rockets, Launch Vehicles, Space Craft Subsystems and other Space related fundamental research activities. VSSC is the lead Centre for carrying out all the major Launch Vehicle Projects of ISRO such as PSLV, GSLV, GSLV MkIII, Re-usable Launch Vehicle (RLV), Space Capsule Recovery Experiment (SRE) and advanced missions such as Inter Planetary Missions, Manned Mission and First Indian Moon Mission (Chandrayan-1) etc. The multi-disciplinary responsibilities entrusted with VSSC offer challenging career opportunities to bright and result-oriented Graduates in Engineering/Science, who are capable of executing time-bound, state-of-the-art tasks of national importance in various positions. The selected candidates will be posted to work under the guidance of experienced senior Scientists/Engineers at VSSC/ISRO.
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSTS
Name of Post & Grade
Qualification with discipline
No. of vacancies
First Class M.Sc. degree with 65%(rounding-off is not allowed) marks or above in Meteorology
First Class B.E/B.Tech. degree with 65%(rounding-off is not allowed) marks or above in Safety & Fire Engineering
First Class B.E/B.Tech. degree with 65%(rounding-off is not allowed) marks or above with Masters of Business Administration in Human Resources
First Class M.Sc. degree with 65% (rounding-off is not allowed) marks or above in Physics, with specialisation in any one of the topics viz. Solid State Physics, Electronics, Applied Optics, Nuclear Physics, Space Physics, Atmospheric Sciences, Plasma Physics, Laser Physics, etc.
Ph.D in Atmospheric Sciences, Space Sciences, Solar Terrestrial Physics, Atmospheric Modeling, Climate Modeling, Ionospheric Physics, Atmospheric Dynamics, Aeronomy, Boundary Layer Physics, Aerosol Science, etc.
Post Nos. 1091 and 1092 are for the Space Physics Laboratory (SPL), VSSC. SPL conducts basic research in different disciplines of Atmospheric and Space Sciences. The disciplines include Boundary Layer Physics, Physics and Chemistry of Aerosols, Clouds and Radiation, Atmospheric Dynamics, Upper Atmospheric and Ionospheric Physics, Planetary Atmospheric Physics, etc. Well-equipped laboratories and major experimental facilities have been built exclusively for carrying out research in these studies.
The selected candidates will be working in the areas of Atmospheric and Space Sciences under the guidance of Senior Scientists of SPL on various projects and they should be willing to work anywhere in India (including remote places) and on ship cruises to collect the required data.
Interested candidates may fill up the on line registration form after going through the general information, guidelines and conditions. Applications will be received on-line only. Last day for registering application is December 14, 2007. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily. After submission, it is mandatory for the applicant to send a confirmatory copy of the application by speed post without which online application will not be considered. The last date for receiving the confirmatory copy is December 19, 2007 .
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
2. No Age limit for the post of Scientist/Engineer-SD (Post No.1092). Age limit for Post No. 1088, 1089, 1090 and 1091 is 35 years as on January 1, 2008. 38 years for OBC and 40 years in the case of SC/ST candidates. Ex-Servicemen & Persons With Disability (PWD) are eligible for age relaxation as per rules. Children/family members of those who died in the riots of 1984 will be given preference in recruitment by giving necessary age relaxation as applicable.
- Approximate salary at the minimum of the grade per month as on date is Rs.18,180/- for Post No. 1088, 1089 ,1090 and 1091 and Rs.22,680/- for Post No.10922.
- The Organisation has a progressive HRD policy and provides an excellent growth potential for the right individual through its periodical merit based performance review system (called Flexible Complimenting Scheme) de-linked from availability of higher post, by which the staff can be evaluated for the advancement of their career in the Organisation.
- The Organisation provides medical facilities (Contributory Health Service Scheme) for self and dependents, free transport facilities/transport allowance, subsidised canteen facilities, housing accommodation subject to availability, in addition to the facilities provided to the other Central Government Staff. The Centre has a well-maintained Central School and a well-stocked library that provides an excellent opportunity for professional development.
6. At present the place of posting is VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram, but the selected candidates are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of space situated anywhere in India as and when required.
7. Candidates will have to produce proof of the details furnished in their applications submitted on-line as and when required.
8. Only short listed candidates will be called for Interview.
9. Outstation candidates called for Interview will be paid to and fro Second Class Railway Fare by the shortest route including reservation/sleeper charges on production of proof of journey such as Railway Tickets/Ticket Number or Bus tickets, etc. If the candidates travel in a higher class of accommodation than the one prescribed, only Second Class rail fare excluding the reservation charges/sleeper charges will be paid.
10. The Centre reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides.
11. Only Indian Nationals need apply.
12. No interim correspondence will be entertained
13. Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification
Please visit http://220.127.116.11:8080/RMT232/rmt232.htm for more information and link to apply Online.
Guidelines To Fill The Online Application
STEP 1: REGISTRATION
You would require your e-mail ID to register. You can register only once using this e-mail ID.
Click on the link "Click here to Register". Fill all the fields and click on the 'SUBMIT' button. On successful registration, you will receive an e-mail with following details:
From : firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Reg: Advt.No.RMT232 of VSSC RECRUITMENT
Then click on the link given in the e-mail to open your online application form.
STEP 2: APPLICATION
Fill in all the information correctly and "SUBMIT". On Submission, you will have an opportunity to preview and confirm. Read all the details carefully. If any change is required, Click on "GO BACK".
To finally submit your application, click on "CONFIRM" button. On successful application, your registration number will be displayed on screen and an e-mail will be sent to you. Note down your Registration Number and keep in a safe place. This would be required for checking the status of your application in future.
STEP 3: Print the APPLICATION
This step is required to send your application summary by post.
Click on the "PRINT APPLICATION SUMMARY FORM" button. Take two print-outs of the form.
STEP 4: SEND SUMMARY FORM BY SPEED POST
This step is mandatory to complete the application procedure. Without this, your application will not be considered.
Send one copy affixed with your latest photograph by Speed post to the address mentioned below super scribed in the cover Registration no,Advertisement No. VSSC-232,Dated 20.09.2007.
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER,
VIKRAM SARABHAI SPACE CENTRE,
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM - 695022
Important Dates to Remember
1. Opening Date for Online Registration: November 16, 2007 10:00 Hrs
2. Closing Date for Online Registration: December 14, 2007 17:00 Hrs
3. Closing Date for Receiving Application by Speed-post: December 19, 2007 17:00 Hrs
4. Interview Dates for Short-listed Candidates: January 15, 2008 to January 19, 2008
5. Publication of Names of Selected Candidates: January 28, 2008
For general inquiry 0471-2565331
Technical problem email@example.com
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".