Branch Minimum Educational Qualification in a relevant field
- B.Tech/M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech./M.Tech. Degree in any branch of Engineering may be considered for research areas consistent with the academic background and special interests.
- M.Sc. Degree in Environmental Science/Biotechnology may also be considered for research areas in Environmental Engineering
- B.Tech./M.Tech. Or equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering.
- B.Tech./M.Tech. Or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering/Chemical Technology and interdisciplinary areas.
- M.Sc. in disciplines consistent with the research areas of the department.
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Chemistry/Physics.
- M.Sc. in Bio-technology or M.Sc. in Biochemistry
- B.Tech./M.Tech. Or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering.
- B.Tech./M.Tech. Or equivalent degree in a branch of Engineering consistent with the research areas as mentioned by the Department from time to time.
- M.Sc. in a discipline consistent with the research areas as mentioned by the Department from time to time.
Computer Engineering/Information Technology (The Ph.D. degree awarded to a candidate with MCA will be in Computer Science).
- M.E./M.Tech. in Solid State Electronics/ Microwaves/ Communication Systems/ Control Systems/ Instrumentation/ Computer Science & Engg./Information Technology or equivalent.
- B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication/ Computer Sc. & Engg./Electrical Engg./ Information Technology or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Physics/ Maths/ Instrumentation/ Electronics/MCA in disciplines consistent with the research area of the department
Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M.E./M.Tech. in Solid State Electronics/ Microelectronics/ Microwaves/Communication Systems/Control Systems/Instrumentation/ or equivalent.
- B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication or equivalent. M.Sc. in disciplines consistent with the research areas of the department
Humanities and Social Sciences
- M.A./M.Com. or equivalent degree with 55% marks (or equivalent grade) Master's degree in Science/Graduate Degree in Engineering/ Technology with 60% marks (or equivalent Grade) may be considered for research areas consistent with the academic background and special interests.
- M.A./M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Applied Mathematics/ Ind. Mathematics.
- B.Tech./ M.Tech. degree or equivalent degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Production Engg.
- B.Tech./ M.Tech. Degree/ disciplines consistent with the research areas of the department.
- M.E./M.Tech. in Metallurgical Engg./ Metallurgical & Materials Engg.
- B.E./B.Tech. in Metallurgical Engg./ Metallurgical & Materials Engg.
- M. Sc. in Physics/Material Science/ Chemistry provided Mathematics was a subject at B.Sc. level.
- M.Sc./M.Phil. in Physics/Applied Physics or equivalent,
- M.Sc./M.Phil. in Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biophysics/ Geophysics/Computer Science, provided Physics was a subject at B.Sc. level.
- M.Tech./B. Tech. or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics/ Chemical/Metallurgical/Mechanical Engg./ Information Technology/ Computer/
- M.Tech. /M.B.A. or equivalent, B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch./ B. Pharma/ M.Sc./ M.C.A. or equivalent
The admission to Ph.D. programme for the year 2007-2008 will be carried out on the basis of the fulfillment of requirements by the candidates and availability of the supervisor to supervise the proposed research work. The short-listing of applications for the purpose of admission will be done by the respective department. Please refer to Institute Prospectus on the MNIT Jaipur website for Department and Faculty profiles-http://www.mnit.ac.in/academic
(a) Admission for Ph.D. will be to the first semester of any discipline
(b) Admission to Ph.D. programme in a discipline will be based on the eligibility criteria given above with the provision that a supervisor is available to supervise the thesis in the proposed area of research.
(c) The part-time research scholars will be required to attend all lecture/tutorial/practical classes for the courses to earn the required credit and must satisfy the attendance requirements as per norms of the institute.
(d) The part-time research scholars will not be eligible for any assistantship, etc.
(e) The institute reserves the right to change its statues, regulations and the modalities of admission without prior notice.
(f) Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically handicapped must submit requisite certificate as applicable along with application form from the competent authority, failing which their candidature will not be considered under Reserve Category.
(g) Foreign candidates must give (i) a proof of proficiency in English, (ii) GRE score, (iii) Certificate of good conduct and character certificate from the Head of the institution last attended. They are also required to undergo medical examination as per medical rules prescribed by the Central Government for foreign students and have to undergo HIV test at SMS, Jaipur within one month of their admission. The admission of foreign candidates would be confirmed only after medical examination and the test report regarding HIV.
(h) There is no age restriction for admission to Ph.D. programme.
(i) The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before filling-up the Application Form.
(j) Application forms found incomplete or received after the last date of receipt of completed application forms i.e. Saturday, December 15, 2007 will be rejected without any intimation to the candidate and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. The candidate must keep a photocopy of the form for future reference.
(k) Application form may be downloaded from the website and should be sent alongwith the demand draft of Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for SC/ST category) in favour of the Registrar, MNIT, Jaipur
(l) The duly completed application should be sent to the following address
Electronics submission of forms will not be accepted.
For further information , please contact:
Office of Dean, Academic Affairs
Malaviya National Institute of Technology
JLN Marg, Jaipur (Raj.) –302017.
Ph. 0141-2529023 (O)/ 2713205
Web Site: www.mnit.ac.in/academic
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".