Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110 067
- M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics) or M.Tech. or M.B.B.S. or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, is required.
- First Division or equivalent grade or at least 60% of aggregate scores in all major examinations from Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) onwards is required.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the above requirements.
- Reservations are as per statutory norms.
- Candidates fulfilling minimum requirements will be invited for a written qualifying test at their own expenses on February 15, 2009 at either of the following four centres - Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Pune. The Institute shall try to accommodate the choice of centers indicated by the candidate. However, in case of non-availability of a seat at the centers chosen by the candidate, the candidate shall be required to appear for the written qualifying test at the centre allotted by the Institute.
- The written test is aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyse and reason. Therefore, the examination is General Aptitude Test & no separate syllabus is prescribed.
- The results of the written test along with the details of the interviews shall be available on the website of the Institute as well as on the Notice Board of the Institute on February 20, 2009.
- Interviews will be held at National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi from June 4-7, 2009. The Interviews will be held in two stages. The candidates will be short-listed for the final interview based on their performance in the first interview. Final interview will be held in the last two days.
- The selected candidates would be paid second class train fare for joining the Ph.D. programme on providing the proof of journey.
- Candidates selected after the interviews will be enrolled for the Ph.D. programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi.
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION
- Please read the following instructions carefully before starting the online registration.
- Obtain a Demand Draft for Rs. 100/- (Rs. 50/- in case of SC/ST candidates, provided relevant documentary proof is enclosed) of six months validity in favour of ‘Director, National Institute of Immunology’, payable at Canara Bank, Jit Singh Marg, New Delhi.
- Name of the Candidate and date of birth should be entered exactly as shown in the Senior Secondary School Certificate or equivalent.
- After filling the required details in the online application form, a receipt and Admit Card form will be generated in the PDF format. The applicant has to take a hard copy printout of these receipt as well as the Admit Card form, sign on the relevant places, paste photographs, attach the following documents and send them by regular post to the address given below.
Enclosures with the admit card from & the hard copy receipt of the online application form :
- Demand Draft
- Two self addressed stamped (Rs. 5/-) envelopes (10 cms X 22 cms)
- Two recent passport size photographs (paste one duly signed by candidate on the hard copy of the receipt and one on the admit card form).
- Reservation certificate, if applicable.The hard copy of the online receipt and admit card form along with the enclosures should be sent to ‘MANAGER (A&E), NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF IMMUNOLOGY, ARUNA ASAF ALI MARG, NEW DELHI-110067’ so as to reach on or BEFORE December 8, 2008. ‘Application for Ph.D. Admission-2009’ should be mentioned on the envelop.
- Copies of the certificates or mark sheets SHOULD NOT BE enclosed with the hard copy of online receipt.
- The online application will be eligible for further processing only after the receipt of the signed hard copy of online receipt along with all enclosures at the institute before the closing date i.e. December 8, 2008.
- After complete processing of the applications, the admit card with signature and seal of competent authority will be mailed back to the candidate.
- Incomplete applications in any respect will be summarily rejected & no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained on any ground including postal delays. The decisions of the Admission Committee will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".