ADMISSION NOTIFICATION 2008-09 for B.Sc.Ed., B.El. Ed.*, M.Sc.Ed., M.Ed. Program
National Council of Educational Research and Training, New Delhi)
Fax :  2515665
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : Office : 2514095
Grams: EDUCATION, MysoreAcademic Section : 2514515STD
Area Code : 0821
ADMISSION NOTIFICATION 2008-09B.Sc.Ed., B.El. Ed.*, M.Sc.Ed., M.Ed.
Admission Notification 2008-09 in RIE Mysore
Regional Institute of Education, Mysore is a premier Institute offering quality Teacher Education Programmes for more than four decades. The Institute has excellent infrastructural facilities in terms of faculty in various disciplines, Science Laboratories, Library, Computer facilities, Language Laboratory, Hostels, Health Centre and sports facilities on a sprawling Residential Campus.
Applications are invited for the following Preservice Programmes for the academic year 2008-09.The programmes of B.Sc.Ed., M.Sc.Ed. and M.Ed. are affiliated to University of Mysore.
1. B.Sc.Ed.(Integrated Programme to prepare Secondary School Teachers in Science and Mathematics)Duration: 4 Years (Eight Semesters)Electives/Combination:a) Physics, Chemistry, Mathematicsb) Chemistry, Botany, ZoologyEligibility:PUC or equivalent with 45% marks in the aggregate and with subjects:i) Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for PCM Stream.ii) Physics, Chemistry and Biology OR Chemistry, Botany, & Zoology for CBZ stream.
2. B.El.Ed.*(Bachelor of Elementary Education Programme to prepare Primary School Teachers in Humanities/ Science/Mathematics)Duration: 4 Years (Eight Semesters)Electives/Combination:a) Humanitiesb) Science subjectsc) MathematicsEligibility:PUC or equivalent with 45% marks in the aggregate and with Science subjects or Mathematics or Humanities. Should have completed 17 years of age.
3. M.Sc.Ed.(Integrated Post-Graduate Programme to prepare Senior Secondary School Teachers in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics)Duration: 6 years (Twelve Semesters)Electives/Combination:a) Physicsb) Chemistryc) MathematicsEligibility:PUC or equivalent with 45% marks in the aggregate and with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
4. M.Ed.(RIEM Scheme)Duration: 1 Year (Two Semesters)Electives/Combination:Specialization (Any two)1. Elementary Education2. Inclusive Education3. ICT in Education4. Guidance & Conselling5. Science Education6. Mathematics Education7. Language EducationEligibility:B.Ed. / B.Sc.Ed. / B.A.Ed. or equivalent degree with 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates with any P.G. degree will be given appropriate additional weightage.
5. Ph.D. Programmes:The Institute is a recognized center for research in Education and other disciplinary areas. There is no provision for scholarship offered by the Institute. Candidates who are interested in pursuing doctoral research may send their request to The Principal, RIE, Mysore for procuring the prescribed application form.
The last date for submission of completed application is 20th August 2008.* B.El.Ed. will be offered subject to the approval of the University of Mysore.Admissions to these programmes except M.Sc.Ed. are restricted to candidates having domicile of the States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and the Union Territories of Pondicherry and Lakshadweep, as per the quota earmarked for each State and UT. Admission to M.Sc.Ed. is on All India basis. Applicants should submit "Certificate of Domicile/ Community / Nativity Certificate" issued by the competent authority from respective State/UT along with their application form.
For the children of Defence Personnel, the domicile is considered on the basis of the place of location of the State Board/ CBSE/ College/ University from where they pass their qualifying examinations.
Medium of instruction for all the programmes is English.
RESERVATION: 15% SEATS FOR SC, 7.5% SEATS FOR ST, 3% SEATS FOR PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED (HORIZONTAL RESERVATION) ARE RESERVED FOR EACH PROGRAMME.
Relaxation of 5% marks for SC and ST candidates is allowed for eligibility.SCHOLARSHIP: All students belonging to the Scheduled Castes/ Tribes admitted to the Institute shall be awarded scholarship, provided they are not getting any financial assistance from any other source. Upto 50% of the remaining students will be awarded the merit-cum-means scholarship as per rules.
The amount of scholarship payable is as follows: (i) Rs.800/- p.m. for B.Sc.Ed., B.El.Ed. and M.Sc.Ed.(I to VIII semesters), (ii) Rs. 1200/-p.m. for M.Sc.Ed. (IX to XII semesters) and M.Ed. In addition to this, 20% of the remaining students will be awarded freeship as per rules. The selected candidates should submit parental Income Certificate at the time of admission.
TUITION FEE: As per NCERT rules, a tuition fee of Rs.250/- p.m. for ten months in a year will be charged from every student admitted. SC/ST students are exempted from payment of tuition fee.
UNIVERSITY FEES: As prescribed by the University of Mysore at the time of admission.
HOSTEL CHARGES: Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls are available on the campus. An amount of Rs.1,600/- towards hostel charges per annum and an amount of Rs.4,500/- towards mess deposit per semester will be collected.
HOW TO APPLY:Separate application is required for each programme/combination of subjects mentioned in the table. However, candidates for M.Sc.Ed. programme can apply for only one elective (Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics). Requisition for application form should be accompanied by a crossed Demand Draft only, payable at Mysore for Rs.150/- (Rupees one hundred and fifty only) for each application, drawn in favour of the Principal, Regional Institute of Education, Mysore 570006 along with a self-addressed 26cm × 12cm size envelope bearing Rs.10/- postal stamp, mentioning clearly the name of the programme on the top of the envelope, to be sent to the Assistant Programme Coordinator (Academic Section), Regional Institute of Education, Mysore 570006.
Payment will not be accepted in the form of Money Order or Cash or Postal Orders.Application forms will be issued from : May 26 , 2008
Last date for receipt of completed application : June 20, 2008
The duly filled in application form along with enclosures should be sent to the
Assistant Programme Coordinator (Academic Section),
Regional Institute of Education,
before the stipulated date.
Application format can also be downloaded from the NCERT website http://www.ncert.nic.in/ and each application should be accompanied by an account payee demand draft of Rs.150/- in favour of Principal, Regional Institute of Education, Mysore 6, along with self addressed envelope bearing Rs.10/- postal stamp for acknowledgement.
Mode of Selection : Admission will be made on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and entrance test with equal weightage. All eligible candidates have to appear for the entrance test in any one of the Centres as per the details given below. The entrance test will be of Multiple Choice type.
1. B.Sc.Ed.Subject: (PCM) Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, MathematicsDate: 6th July 2008 (Sunday)Time: 9.30 am to 1.00 pm
2. B.Sc.Ed.Subject: (CBZ) Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, BiologyDate: 6th July 2008 (Sunday)Time: 9.30 am to 1.00 pm
3. B.El.Ed.Subject: Aptitude and Humanities/ Science/ MathematicsDate: 6th July 2008 (Sunday)Time: 9.30 am to 1.00 pm
4. M.Sc.Ed. P / C/ MSubject: Aptitude and Physics/ Chemistry / MathematicsDate: 13th July 2008 (Sunday)Time: 9.30 am to 1.00 pm
5. M.Ed.Subject: Aptitude and Education (B.Ed. level)Date: 6th July 2008 (Sunday)Time: 9.30 am to 1.00 pm
For Sl. Nos.1-4 courses, the entrance test will be at PUC/+2 level in the respective subjects.
CENTRES FOR ENTRANCE TEST :
For B.Sc.Ed. / B.El.Ed. / M.Ed : Mysore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram
For M.Sc.Ed. : Regional Institute of Education, Mysore/ Bhopal/ Ajmer/Bhubaneswar/ Shillong.
List of selected candidates for B.Sc.Ed., B.El.Ed. and M.Ed. programmes will be announced on 11th July 2008 and for M.Sc.Ed. on 16th July 2008 on NCERT website and through telegram.
All the selected candidates have to join the Institute on or before 23rd July 2008.
Dr G T BhandagePrincipal
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".