(B+ Accreditation by NAAC)
Priyadarshini Hills P.O., Kottayam - 686 560. Kerala.
Tel- 0481- 2731050 - 65.
Name of the Department/School, Course number and eligibility are given below:
A. School of Medical Education (Main Centre: 04812598356 , 2596831)
(Centers at Gandhinagar Kottayam, Puthuppally, Cheruvandoor, Pala, T D Road Ernakulam, Thevara, Angamaly, Pathanamthitta and Nedumkandom)
1. B.Sc. Nursing
2. BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
3. B.Sc. Medical Microbiology
4. B.Sc. MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology)
5. B.Sc. MRT (Medical Radiological Technology)
Eligibility for courses 1 to 5 (4 years) Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (50% marks)
6. B.Sc. Nursing(Post Basic) (2 Years) Pre Degree or plus Two with Physics Chemistry and Biology with 3 year Diploma in Nursing (RNRM) approved by the INC and KNC and two years experience after registration in Nursing. Weightage of marks will be given for approved professional experience.
7. B.Pharm: (4 years) Pre Degree or plus Two with 50% marks in Biology or Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry Biology/Mathematics put together. Lateral entry to the second year - D.Pharm. approved by AICTE and Pharmacy Council of India.
8. MPT (Master of Physiotherapy) (4 semesters) BPT with 50% marks
9. M.Sc. Anatomy (3 years) Degree in Zoology or any Para Medical Subjects with 50% marks.
10. M. Applied Science (Medical Bio-Chemistry) (4 semesters) B.Sc. in Bio-Chemistry/ Chemistry/ Botany/Zoology/ as main or subsidiary or BSc MLT with 50% marks.
11. M. Applied Science (Medical Documentation) (4 semesters) Any Degree with 50% marks.
12. M. Applied Science (Bio-Medical Instrumentation ( 4 semesters) B.Sc. in Maths/ Physics/ Computer Science/ Computer Application/Electronics as Main or Subsidiary with 50% marks.
13. M.Sc. (Medical Microbiology) (2 years) 4 year B.Sc. Medical Microbiology or BSc MLT with 50% marks.
14. MHA (Master of Hospital Administration (4 semesters) Any degree with 50% marks or Post Graduation.
15. MPH (Master of Public Health) (4 semesters) Any degree with 50% marks or Post Graduation.
16. M.Pharm. (i) Pharmaceutics (4 semesters) B.Pharm. with 60% marks. (ii) Pharmacognosy (4 semesters) B.Pharm with 60% marks.
B. School of Technology and Applied Sciences (Main Office: 04812392928 )
(Centres at Kottayam, Pathanamthitta and Ernakulam)
17. B.Sc. Computer Science (6 semesters) Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Maths, Physics and Chemistry. 5% marks will be derated for every additional chance. Those who have passed in more than three chances are not eligible.
18. B.Sc. Electronics with Computer Hardware (6 semesters) Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Maths, Physics and Chemistry. 5% marks will be derated for every additional chance. Those who have passed in more than three chances are not eligible.
19. MCA (Master of Computer Applications) (6 semesters) B.Sc./B.Com with Maths, Computer Science or Statistics as one of the subjects with 55% marks of BSc (IT) B.Tech/BCA/BSc(Computer Science/Electronics) with 55% marks. 5% marks will be derated for every additional chance. Those who have passed in more than three chances are not eligible.
20. M.Sc ITCC (Information Technology & Computer Communication) (4 semesters) B.Sc.IT/ BCA/ BSc Degree with Maths, Computer Science or Statistics as one of the subjects. 5% marks will be derated for every additional chance. Those who have passed in more than three chances are not eligibile.
21. M.Sc Applied Electronics and Computer Technology (4 Semesters) B.Sc. Degree in Electronics/Computer Science/ Physics with 50% marks excluding languages.
22. M.Sc. Computer Engineering and Network Technology (4 Semesters) B.Sc. Degree with Maths/Statistics/Computer Science as one of the subjects or BSc. IT B.Tech./BCA/ B.Sc. (Computer /Electronics) degree with 50% marks.
C. University College of Engineering ( 04862-256222 , 2535753)
23. B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
24. B.Tech in Polymer Engineering
25. B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
26. B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
27. B.Tech in Information Technology
(8 Semesters), As per Govt. Rules.
Applications are not invited now for courses 23-27. Admission s to these courses are based on the Common Entrance Test conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Exams, Government of Kerala.
D. School of Communication and Information Sciene (Centre at University Campus - now functioning at School of Pysical Education buidling, Priyadarshini Hills)( 0481-2732570 )
28. MCJ (Master of Communication and Journalism) (4 Semesters) 45% marks in any degree
29. B.L.I.Sc (Bachelor Library and Information Science) (2 Semesters) 45% ,arls om amu degree
30. M.L.I.Sc (Master of Library and Information Science) (2 semesters) 45% marks for B.L.I.Sc.
E. School of Applied Life Science, Pathanamthitta (0468-2323957)
31. M.Sc. Fishery Biology and Aquaculture (4 Semesters). Degree in Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ with Zoology as a Subsidiary subject or BFSc or B.Sc. Aquaculture or any other equivalent degree with 55% marks in the optional subjects.
32. M.Phil. Fishery Biology and Aquaculture. M.Sc. Degree in Fishery Biology and Aquaculture/Aquantic Biology and Fisheries/Zoology/Fishery Science /Aquaculture/ Industrial Fisheries with 55% marks.
1. Where to get:
(a) Admission brochure with application form can be obtained from the following branches of State Bank of Travancore (1) Parasala, (2) Thiruvananthapuram (Puthenchantha), (3) Varkala, (4) Kollam (Main), (5) Punalur, (6) Mavelikara, (7) Alappuzha, (8) Pathanamthitta, (9) Pandalam, (10) Ranni, (11) Thiruvalla, (12) Changanacherry (S.B. College), (13) Kottayam (Civil Station), (14) Kanjirappally, (15) Palai, (16) Vaikom, (17) Idukki, (18) Thodupuzha, (19) Muvattupuzha, (20) Ernakulam (M.G. Road), (21) Aluva, (22) Angamaly, (23) Thrissur (Main), (24) Kunnamkulam, (25) Palakkad, (26) Perinthalmanna, (27) Kozhikode (Main), (28) Kalpetta, (29) Kannur (Main), (30) Kasargod, (31) Campus Branch, Priyadarsini Hills, Athirampuzha, (32) Coimbatore, (33) Bangalore, (34) New Delhi (35) Kottarakkara (36) Kayamkulam (37) Haripad (38) Cherthala (39) Edappally (40) Payyannur (41) M.G. University Campus Branch.
(b) i) Application form for M.Pharm; from the Principal, Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Cheruvandoor, Ettumanoor, Kottayam Dist.
ii) Application form for M.Sc. Computer Engineering & Network Technology: from the Director STAS, Mahatma Gandhi University, Pullarikkunnu, Malloossery P.O., Kottayam Dist.
2. Cost of Application Form is Rs.200/-(Rs.30/- Bank Service Charge extra). Those who need application forms by post should send a request to the Branch Manager, State Bank of Travancore, M.G. University Campus Branch, Priyadarsini Hills P.O., Kottayam - 686 560 along with a DD for Rs.260/- (All inclusive). The DD has to be drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, Mahatma Gandhi University, payable at State Bank of Travancore, M.G. University Campus Branch (Code No. 669). FULL POSTAL ADDRESS WITH PINCODE OF THE APPLICANT IS TO BE ENTERED ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE DD IN BLOCK LETTERS.
3. How To Apply: One form is enough to apply for all UG courses from 1 to 7 at School of Medical Education. The Forms of the previous years are not valid.
One form is needed in order to apply to one or more courses of School of Technology and Applied Sciences of one Centre (17,18). Separate application forms are necessary for al other courses. The applicant has to remit Rs.300/- (for SC/ST candidates Rs.150/-) as registration fee which enables him/her to apply for a maximum of three courses in a school.
4. Selection: To all courses selection is based on pure merit. All admission shall be based on merit either solely based on the marks of the qualifying examination, or taking into account the score obtained in the entrance test or both. The University will conduct an entrance test for courses from 19 to 22 and from 28 to 32 (except 30). NRI approved by Mahatma Gandhi University shall be reckoned as eligible qualification. Percentage of marks given is the minimum marks required for Part III Optional Subjects, if not otherwise mentioned, Those who are awaiting the results of the qualifying examination can also apply. Reservation, Concession based on income and community will be allowed according to the rules of the University/ Government.
5. Dates to Remember
(i) Application forms of all the courses will be available from : 24th May 2008
(ii) Last date to receive the filled in application forms: 18th June 2008
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".