Instructions to applicants
1) Applications should be submitted online in the prescribed format. See link at the bottom of this page.
2) A print copy of the application (duly signed by the applicant) along with enclosures should be sent by speed post within seven working days after the online version is submitted. It should be addressed to: The Coordinator, Science Education Programmes, Indian Academy of Sciences, CV Raman Avenue, Sadashivanagar Post, Near Mekhri Circle, Bangalore 560 080. Do not send a separate resume with the application.
3) Only one application per candidate will be accepted. If more than one application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
4) Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be filled.
5) The last date for receipt of applications is 30 November 2013 (online) and 7 December 2013 (print version).
B. Eligibility criteria
6) Student applicants should be studying in one of the following:
8) Students already registered for PhD are not eligible.
9) Applicants who have availed the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
10) The applicant should include a write-up (in about 150–250 words) as to the specific area of the applicant and what he/she wants to learn and achieve through this fellowship. It can also include the specific experiment or theory that the applicant wants to work on but NOT a general description of the area. The write-up should NOT be a copy and paste job from any source.
11) The applicant should suggest names of at least six guides (from the approved list of guides) with whom they could work (in order of preference). However, if selected, the guide and the place of work of summer fellows will be entirely at the discretion of the Science Panel and may be other than those suggested by the applicant.
12) Do not use special/scientific characters like ø, ü, ô, ý, Ã ,ù, ¯, —, etc.... The software program will not accept these characters.
D. Enclosures to application
13) Student applicants should include a recommendation letter (in the prescribed format) from one of their present teachers or head of the department (HoD). This should be sent either by the applicant in a sealed envelope along with the printed copy of the application or separately sent by the teacher/HoD addressed to the Coordinator, Science Education Panel, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore 560 080. In the latter case, the applicant should fill the Application Registration No. in the blank format before it is given to the teacher/HoD.
14) Applicants who have availed the Academies summer fellowship previously should arrange for a letter from the previous guide which should be directly sent by the guide to the Coordinator, Science Education Panel by email or by post.
15) Teacher applicants should send, if available, a list of their publications along with the printed copy of the application. On selection, an authorization letter from the Principal/HoD that necessary permission/leave of absence will be granted should be submitted.
E. Other matters
16) All decisions regarding the selection of candidates will be at the sole discretion of the Academies. Any grievance or dispute concerning SRFP-2014 shall be addressed to Academy whose decision thereon shall be final.
17) Without prejudice to 16) above, only the courts at Bangalore city shall be the fora for seeking judicial remedy, if any, for any dispute or grievance.
18) Academy means Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore. Academies mean Indian Academy of Sciences (Bangalore), Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi), and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Allahabad).
19) Guide means list of scientists/faculty approved by the Academies as guides.
20) All correspondence should be addressed to:
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".