► JEST 2014, Joint Entrance Screening Test, Admission to Ph. D. Programmes in Physics, Theoretical Computer Science
- JEST 2014 is schedule to be held on 16th February 2014
- Online (ONLY) Application start from 11th Nov 2013
- Last date for online applications 10th Dec 2013.
JEST 2014 will be conducted on Sunday, February 16, 2014, from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m..at centers Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aligarh, Bangalore, Bardhaman, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nainital, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Sambalpur, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
1. ARIES:Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital
2. HBNI:Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
3. HRI: Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
4. IGCAR: Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam
5. IIA: Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore
6. IISc: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
7. IISER MOHALI: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali
8. IISER PUNE: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
9. IISER THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram
10. IMSc: The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
11. IOP: Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar
12. IPR: Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar
13. IUCAA: Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune
14. JNCASR: Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore
15. NCRA-TIFR: National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR, Pune
16. NISER: National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar
17. PRL: Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
18. RRCAT: Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore
19. RRI: Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
20. SINP: Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
21. SNBNCBS: Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata
22. UGC-DAE CSR: UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore
23. VECC: Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Kolkata
Ph.D. Programme Physics:
M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in related disciplines.
M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
B.E. or B.Tech. will also be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram and SNBNCBS.
Talented final year B.Sc. and first year M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics students may also apply to be pre-selected for research scholarship at IUCAA.
MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered at IPR. At TIFR, only B.Tech Eng. Phys. and M.Sc. Physics are eligible.
Ph.D. Programme Theoretical Computer Science/Neuroscience:
M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science. Visit website of IMSc For more information. M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science for Ph.D. in Neuroscience at NBRC.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech - Ph.D Programme:
At HRI, IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, SNBNCBS, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS candidates with a Bachelor's degree will also be considered for the integrated M.Sc., Ph.D. programme in Physics.
At IMSc, graduates with Bachelor’s degree in science/ mathematics/ /statistics /computer science/information technology/Engineering will also be considered for admission in Physics and in Theoretical Computer Science, as part of an integrated Ph.D. programme. All candidates successful in the course work of this programme shall be awarded an M.Sc. degree.
At SNBNCBS, graduates with B.Sc. (Physics) / B.E. / B.Tech. degree will be considered for the integrated Post-B.Sc.-Ph.D. programme in subject areas mentioned above.
At IIA, graduates with B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered.
At NBRC, B.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics) and B.E./ B.Techi (Computer Science) will be considered for integrated M.Sc-Ph.D in Neuroscience.
Integrated M.Tech - Ph.D. Programme at IIA:
Graduates with M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics / B.E. / B.Tech. degree in subjects mentioned above will be considered. Visit IIA website for details.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram:
Graduates with Bachelor’s degree in Physics/Technology/Engineering will be considered for the Int. Ph.D. programme in Physics.
Candidates can apply ON-LINE at http://www.jest.org.in/application_form
On-line submission of applications will be enabled from November 11, 2013.
Last date of ON-LINE submission of applications is December 10, 2013.
An Application Fee of Rs. 300 (Rs 150 for SC/ST applicants) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online using Debit/Credit cards and Net-banking
Post-Submission of Application form:
On successful submission of ON-LINE application form you will receive an E-mail with following information from JEST Website. Application data after final submission containing Unique Submission Number and filled in data. Please save this e-mail for further correspondence with the JEST authority.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".