Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Higher Education
Applications are invited from Indian National residing in India on plain paper in the FORMAT GIVEN AT THE END for the award of Turkish Government Scholarships for 2011-12 which are as follows:-
RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP (FOUR)
- INFORMATION ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Research scholarship are granted for those who will do scientific research in their field of interest in Turkish Universities (Subjects: (i) Agriculture (ii) Biotechnology and (iii) Environmental Engineering);
- Duration of the scholarships is for two to eight months;
- Scholarship will start on 1st October, 2011;
- Travel expenses to and from Turkey will be met by the Scholars/Students themselves;
- The Turkish Government will meet the tuition fees, housing cost and medical treatment expenditure for scholars (except long-tern illness, serious surgical operations, prosthesis, jaw orthopedics, orthodontics and teeth prosthesis);
- QUALIFICATIONS:- The candidate:-
- Should have completed graduate programmes (Master/Ph.D) lasting at least four years before 27.5.2011 minimum 60% marks in relevant subjects;
- Should have fluent communication skill in at least one Language i.e. Turkish, English or French Languages;
- Should be medically fit;
- Age: Below 40 years as on 27.5.2011;
- Research proposals/specific work to be undertaken (in separate sheet ) to be furnished.
- GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications received after last date will not be entertained.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The selected candidates will avail of scholarships in all cases. Therefore, an undertaking that he/she will not refuse the offer should be sent in duplicate alongwith the application.
- Applications of candidates who reside abroad will not be entertained.
- Candidates who have already been abroad for study/specialization/training either on scholarship or on their own for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after their return from abroad.
- The candidates would have sufficient knowledge of the geographical situation and cultural heritage of Indian and Turkey.
- Candidate can apply only for one subject.
- The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final. However, final selection rests with the donor country.
- Candidates who do not possess the requisite qualification need not apply.
- No canvassing in any form will be entertained.
- No application from will be provided by the Ministry.
- Applications must be accompanied by attested copies of certificates regarding date of birth, diplomas, degrees, mark-sheets in respect of all the examinations passed alongwith experience certificate of Employment and one copy of recently taken passport size photograph with signature (to be pasted on the application form). Self attested certificates will not be accepted.
- Applicants may keep ready the transcript, health report, recommendation letter, acceptance letter and curriculam vitae which are required to be submitted at the time of interview.
- LATE DATE
Applications along with supporting documents for the date of birth, qualification and research proposal must reach to the Section Officer, ES-4 Section, Department of Higher Education, West Block-1, 2nd Floor, Wing-6, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 latest by 27th May, 2011 (Friday). Those who are employed must sent their application through their employer. Application received after the due date will not be considered. On line application may be accepted provided hard copy of the application along with enclosures (attested copies of certificates, mark sheet etc) reach the Ministry with 5 days after the last date. Any clarification may be sought by telephone No.011-26172498.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".