On-line Application Form
The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, a premier research institution engaged in advanced scientific research in a number of areas and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt of India, invites motivated students to apply for its residential Post-M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme 2010.
- Qualification: M.Sc. in Physics / Physical Chemistry / Mathematics / Biophysics / Biochemistry/Bioinformatics with at least 55% marks (completed or appearing). BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech students with relevant background may also apply.
- Interview: The candidates will be called for an interview during 28-29 April and 9-10 June 2010 at SNBNCBS based on their JEST / GATE score of 2010, and/or CSIR-UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualification.
- Desired field of Study: The candidates are required to indicate their choice of areas of research, i.e. the department he / she would like to be considered for admission. A list of research areas and the respective Faculty members are available on the Bose Centre's website. There are four departments at the Centre having the scopes for both theoretical and experimental research: 1. Theoretical Science; 2. Material Science; 3. Astrophysics & Cosmology; and 4. Chemical, Biological & Macromolecular Sciences.
- Residential Programme: The PMSc-Ph.D Research is a residential programme all through and the Centre will provide free hostel and other infrastructural facilities.
- Monthly Stipend: JRF – Rs 12,000; SRF – Rs 14,000 and other benefits based on satisfactory performance.
- Application Deadline: 29 March 2010
Off-line Application Form
Application in prescribed downloadable(*) form with duly attested supporting documents should be sent either in hardcopy form to: The Admission Committee, S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Block-JD, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700098 or by e-mail(**) with scanned copies of supporting documents. (*)Website: http://www.bose.res.in/admission.htm
The Centre will issue forms for off-line application against written request to the above address.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".