► JEST 2010 ( Joint Entrance Screening Test ) Application invited - JEST Exam 2010 Admission to Ph. D. Programmes - Download ARIES Admit Card
Admission to Ph. D. Programmes in Physics/ Theoretical Computer Science.
Instructions for filling up of the ON-LINE form
- Upload the photograph and the signature (jpeg files). The size of the individual files should not exceed 1Mb.
- You are strictly advised to retain an identical photograph to be pasted on the admit card.
- Please use black ball pen / sketch pen to do the signature which is to be uploaded.
- Press the left button of the mouse and drag to select the region of the photograph that to be captured in the thumbnail.
- Press the left button of the mouse and drag to select the region of the signature that to be captured in the thumbnail.
- Read eligibility criteria of the Institutes for various programs carefully by visiting their websites before filling up the forms. Some of the criteria are listed below.
Students who expect to complete their final examination by August 2010 are also eligible to apply.
- M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in related disciplines.
- Candidates with M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- Graduates with a B.E. or B.Tech. will also be considered at IISc, IMSc, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune and SNBNCBS.
- Talented final year B.Sc. and first year M.Sc. (in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics) students may also apply to be pre-selection for research scholarship at IUCAA and NCRA, TIFR.
- At IPR candidates should have a Masters degree in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics. Visit websites of participating institutes for further details.
M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.Visit websites of participating institutes for further details.
Integrated M.Sc./M.Tech. – Ph.D. Program
- At HRI, IISER (Pune) and SNBNCBS, candidates with a Bachelor’s degree will also be considered for the integrated M.Sc. – Ph.D. program in Physics.
- At IMSc, graduates with B.Sc. / B.E. / B. Tech. degree will also be considered for admission to M.Sc. (Research) program in Physics and Theoretical Computer Science, as part of an integrated Ph.D. program.
- At SNBNCBS, graduates with B.Sc. (Physics) / B.E. / B.Tech. degree will be considered for the integrated Post-B.Sc.-Ph.D. program in subject areas mentioned above.
- At IIA, graduates with B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered.
- Integrated M.Tech– Ph.D. Program at IIA : At IIA, graduates with M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post BSc (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics / B.E. / B.Tech degree in subjects mentioned above will be considered. Visit IIA website for details.
*Note: Click On institute names for eligibility criteria & other informations
ARIES Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital
BARC Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
CBS Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, Mumbai
HBNI Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
HRI Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
IGCAR Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam
IIA Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore
IISc Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
IISER MOHALI Indian Institute of Science Education & Research, Mohali
IISER PUNE Indian Institute of Science Education & Research, Pune
IMSc The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
IOP Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar
IPR Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar
IUCAA Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune
JNCASR Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore
NCRA National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR, Pune
NISER National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar
PRL Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
RRCAT Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore
RRI Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
SINP Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
SNBNCBS Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata
UGC-DAE CSR UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore
VECC Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Kolkata
Important Informations :
The facility for online-submission of applications (strictly recommended), will be available at http://jest2010.aries.res.in
The detailed information regarding the eligibility and various programmes of participating institutes will also be available in the site http://jest2010.aries.res.in
Request for printed applications should reach The Chairman, Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Manora Peak, Nainital, Uttarakhand-263129, by December 14, 2009.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".