NATIONAL ATMOSPHERIC RESEARCH LABORATORY
DEPARTMENT OF SPACE ::GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Pakala Mandal, Chittoor District, Gadanki – 517 112
Advt. No. NARL/RMT/01/2009
National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), is a center of excellence for atmospheric science and research in the emerging and frontline areas of atmospheric physics, provides challenging opportunities to the young scientists and engineers. The future programme of NARL envisages expansion of observational systems and widening of research areas such as radiation studies, weather and climate modeling activities, meteorological data assimilation, formulation of coordinated observations by setting up lidar, radar, GPS receiver networks, development of air/balloon borne and satellite payloads and formulation of national and international programs. NARL has excellent infrastructure facilities such as technical laboratories to support field experiments, high-end computers and Library. Challenging opportunities are available for the young and enthusiastic scientists/students in realization of the future programmes and development of innovative technologies.
NARL invites the applications for the following posts
Note: Applications duly completed in all respects along with its enclosures should reach to THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, NATIONAL ATMOSPHERIC RESEARCH LABORATORY, P.B.NO. 123, S.V. UNIVERSITY CAMPUS, TIRUPATI – 517 502, A.P. within 15 days from the date of the publication of this advertisement.
I. Eligibility :
1.For Post No. 1: Post Graduate Degree must be in FIRST CLASS with 65% aggregate marks or above [Aggregate of all semesters/years].
2.Candidates, who are slated to complete the course in the academic year 2008-09, are also eligible to apply provided final P.G degree is available by 31/12/2009.
II Age Limit :
1.Less than 30 years as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications but relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 03 years for OBC candidates. Ex-servicemen and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders. For PWD persons orders on reservation to the extent applicable will be extended for the above posts.
III Selection Process :
Mere fulfillment of essential qualifications and experience do not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Test/Interview. A duly constituted Screening Committee shall screen the applications received for the post and organize a written test, if considered necessary for short-listing the candidates for interview. The Laboratory reserves the right to call for Test/Interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable and will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
IV General Conditions / Instructions
1.Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
2.Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro sleeper class train fare by the shortest route from the address given in the application to the place of interview.
3.At present the place of posting is NARL, Gadanki, but the selected candidates are liable to be posted in any of the Units of the Indian Space Research Organization / Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required.
4.Candidates working in the Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Organizations should apply through proper channel. In case they anticipate any delay in forwarding their applications, they may submit advance copies before the due date. However, they should produce NO OBJECTION certificate at the time of interview.
5.The Junior Research Fellows recruited will not confer any claim or right for regular employment in NARL or any other centre/unit of Indian Space Research Organisation /Department of Space.
6.Candidates should enclose attested true copies of the relevant certificates / testimonials as proof of age, educational qualification, caste, experience etc., along with the application..
7.Candidates will have to produce proof of the details furnished in their applications as and when required.
8.Applications should be submitted on a plain paper with full details (to be neatly handwritten or neatly typed) in A4 size paper 210 X 297 mm as per the prescribed format at Annexure – I.
9.Incomplete applications received without the requisite information asked for in the prescribed format /without signature/without photograph pasted at the appropriate place/without attested true copies of all the certificates in support of their claim for educational qualifications, experience, age, caste etc., will summarily rejected out-right.
10. Candidates should specifically note that the applications received after the closing date for any reason whatsoever (such as envelopes wrongly addressed, delivered elsewhere, postal delay etc.) will not be entertained by this Laboratory. Any enclosure received separately subsequent to the receipt of the application cannot be connected therewith. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
11. The decision of NARL in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of examination/interview will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or agency on behalf of the candidate.
12. NARL reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides.
13. No interim correspondence will be entertained with the candidates who are not screened-in for written test/interview/ appointment.
14. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
15. Applications duly completed in all respects along with its enclosures should reach to THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, NATIONAL ATMOSPHERIC RESEARCH LABORATORY, P.B.NO.123, S V UNIVERSITY CAMPUS, TIRUPATI– 517 502, A.P. within 15 days from the date of the publication of this advertisement by 'ordinary post' only.
16. The applications should be sent in a cover super scribed "APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _______________ POST NO ____ (Name of the Post & Post Number to be indicated clearly)
For more information visit www.narl.gov.in
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".