► UNIVERSITY OF CALICUT Phd Programme 2008 [Notification for Entrance Examination/ Direct Admission to Phd Programme - 2008]
(College Development Council)
Calicut University P.O. Pin : 673 635 Kerala, India
Dated : 07-10-2008
Notification for Entrance Examination/ Direct Admission to Phd Programme - 2008
Phd Programme 2008 Notification/Application form Click Here...
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the entrance test for registration to the PhD programme under the streams (1) Full time and (2) Part-time under the faculties of Science, Language and Literature, Humanities, Mass Communication & Journalism, Education, Commerce & Management Studies and Fine Arts of this University.
(1) Candidates who have secured 55% and above in their P.G. degree examination (of this University or equivalent degree of any other Indian or Foreign Universities recognized by Calicut University) shall be eligible to apply for the entrance examination for full time registration to PhD in the subject concerned.
(2) Candidates belonging to the SC/ST Communities need only a pass in their qualifying examinations.
(3) The teachers of the affiliated Colleges in this University and University Teaching Departments will be given a relaxation of 5% marks.
Candidates exempted from Entrance Examination
(1) Regular teachers working in the Government/Aided Colleges affiliated to
Universities in Kerala seeking Part-time registration.
(2) Candidates who possess M.Phil degree of this University or any other University recognized as equivalent by this University.
(3) Candidates who have qualified NET/JRF/SRF or any other fellowships awarded by funding agencies like UGC, CSIR, ICAR, ICHR, ICSSR etc.
The above candidates who are exempted from appearing for the entrance Examination can directly apply for the PhD programme in response to this notification. Such candidates must also submit consent letter from the supervising teacher regarding his/her willingness to supervise along with their application.
Candidates seeking Part-time registration should confirm their eligibility for it from the University Web-site. The number of seats available in each Department/Centre under different faculties can also be ascertained from the website. The department council will decide the actual number of vacancies to be filled by this notification. Registration shall be granted from the ranklist prepared on the basis of the marks scored in entrance test and the number of seats available under each supervising teacher in the Department/Research Centre. Those who secure 50% marks and above in the entrance examination are eligible for registration.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST communities, however, need only 35%.
The prescribed application form for entrance examination/Ph.D Programme downloaded from the web-site along with chalan receipt for Rs.500/- (Rs.125/- for SC/ST) towards fee should reach the Head of the concerned Department/research centre on or before 30.10.2008. The Heads of Research Centres other than University Departments should forward the applications received before 04.11.2008 to the Director, College Development Council, University of Calicut.
Date of Entrance Examination : 15.11.2008
Date of Publication of Result : 20.11.2008
Last Date to apply: 30-10-2008
Head of account for remittance of Fees:
Treasuries in Malappuram District: 8443-00-106-PD Account of Calicut University.
Treasuries other than Malappuram District: 8658-00-102-(96)-02 CUS.
Fee can be remitted in "Janasevana Kendra" or selected branches of the SBT or directly in the cash counters in Pareeksha Bhavan and University Information Centres.
Defective applications and applications received after the prescribed date will summarily be rejected and fee once paid will not be refunded or adjusted for any other purpose.
For Rules and Regulations, please visit the University website:
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
(Read the instruction carefully before filling the Application)
1. This Application form contains four parts.
2. Part-A needs to be filled in by all the candidates
3. Part-B is intended for Teachers of Government/Aided Colleges and Government/Aided Higher Secondary School Teachers seeking admission to PhD as per regulation.
4. Part-C is intended for M.Phil/NET/JRF qualified candidates
5. Applications shall be submitted to the respective Heads of the Departments of the University of Calicut on or before 30.10.2008.
6. The following documents shall be enclosed along with the application.
a) Attested copies of Certificates and Marklists of Post-graduate/M.Phil Examinations.
b) Original chalan receipt for Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) (Rs.125 for SC/ST) towards Application fee for PhD Registration.
c) A list of documents enclosed
d) A self addressed envelope of size 23 x 10 cm.
7. The fee is to be remitted to the Calicut University Fund as per the Notification.
8. The Head of account for remittances by way of chalan are as follows:
(i) Malappuram : 8443-00-106-P.D. account for Calicut University Fund.
(ii) Other Districts : 8658-00-102-96 (02) CUS.
(iii) Calicut University Cash Counter.
(iv) Friends/Janasevana Kendras.
9. Fee once remitted will not be refunded or adjusted.
10. The Consent letter of the Supervising Teacher under whom Registration is sought by a Teacher Candidate must contain the number of scholars already enrolled under the Supervising Teacher and the Sl.No. of the present scholar (the number of scholars under a Guide must not exceed five in any case).
UNIVERSITY OF CALICUT
(College Development Council)
GUIDELINES FOR PART-TIME RESEARCH
Teachers of Govt./Aided Colleges affiliated to Universities in Kerala, Teachers of University Departments, Higher Secondary Teachers working in Institutions under the territorial jurisdiction of the University of Calicut, candidates appointed as Research Fellows or Research Assistants in Research Projects run in the University Departments/Govt./Aided Colleges/Central/State and other approved Research Institutes and Scientists working in the Research Institutes, Technical experts working in analytical laboratories, members of any statutory professional institutes approved by the Government of India, Permanent employees of Calicut University, Clinical Psychologists working in Govt. Medical Colleges and Govt. hospitals satisfying the eligibility criteria.
In addition to the approved research guides in the University Departments, recognized research guides working in the Research Institutes/affiliated Colleges recognized as research centers by the University shall be eligible to guide research students under part-time research programme. However, such applications shall also be routed through the Head of the concerned Department of the University. The parttime research students working in the University Departments/Research Centres shall attend the Department/Research Centre for at least 60 working days in a year (minimum 3 attendances in a month).
The Supervising Teacher shall forward half yearly progress report and attendance attested by the Head of Department/Institution to the Director, College Development Council.
The University Research Council shall be entrusted with the responsibility of half yearly assessment of the progress of all the registered candidates. The continuation of the registration of the Research Scholar shall be based on the recommendation of the University Research Council on the basis of the norms framed for the purpose.
The Rules and Regulations related to the assessment of progress of research, appearance in the PhD Qualifying examination, procedure for thesis evaluation, conduct of Open defence, viva-voce, etc. shall be the same as that of the candidates under Full-time Research stream.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".