- The Project abstract should clearly articulate the area of the study and should display keen interest and insight on the subject chosen.
- The Project abstract should formulate a problem for the study which would be used for assessing the applicant's analytical and research skills.
- The topic chosen shall be preferably in cutting-edge technology and science, with a focus on national priorities.
- The abstract should be original in applicant's own words, provide formulation and other technical details of the problem. Evaluation of the abstracts will be an important component in the final selection of applicants for the PMRF.
The selection process for the PMRF will be a rigorous two-stage process with screening by the Reviewers and final selection by the Selection Committee for each broad discipline to ensure selection of the best talent.
An applicant may apply for more than one combination of broad discipline and institute. An applicant will be required to provide preferences in case the applicant wishes to apply for more than one combination of discipline and institute.
The shortlisting and selection will be done in the following manner:
- Each Nodal Institute (NI) will have a team of experts who will assess the applications and prepare a shortlist of applicants for written test and/or interview at the Nodal Institute.
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for a written and/or interview at the Nodal Institute.
- Final selection of shortlisted applicants will be made based on the performance in the interview.
- Each NI would first indicate whether the candidate has to appear in the written test or not. For PMRF 2018 there is no written test for any NI.
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
The IPR policy shall be as per the Institute's Policy on IPRs. The IPRs are owned by the Institution where the Fellow has worked.
Monitoring MechanismThe National Coordination Committee (NCC) will periodically review and monitor implementation of the scheme. The NCC will report to MHRD the status of the scheme, fund flow and utilization thereof, and policy changes required to make the scheme more effective.
Apart from this, the monitoring will be done in the manner detailed below:
- There will be internal reviews twice a year.
- There will be a National Convention every year where all PMRFs will showcase their work. This will be an occasion for the Industry to participate in the Convention.
- There will be a website set up by the NCC showcasing the areas of work of each PMR.
FellowshipThe following would be the fellowship for the PMRFs:
The tenure of fellowship will be four years for students from integrated courses and five years for B. Tech. students.
Industry participation in the PMRF programme would be explored through CSR funding so as to enable the industry to sponsor a maximum number of fellows.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".