ADMISSION TO INTEGRATED PHD (i-PhD) PROGRAM AUGUST 2018
Overview of the i-Ph.D. programme
|Biology||JGEEBILS - 2017 or JAM -2018 (BL - Biological Sciences or BT - Biotechnology)|
|Chemistry||JAM (Chemistry) 2018|
|Mathematics||JAM 2018 (MA - Mathematics or MS-Mathematical Statistics) or Valid NBHM MA/MSc Scholarship|
|Physics||JAM (Physics) 2018 or JEST (Physics) 2018|
- The candidate MUST have qualified at least ONE of the above mentioned Additional eligibility criteria.
- The scores/ranks must be valid at least till August, 2018. Please note that the admission criteria can change during the next round of admission.
- SC/ST, PD and KM candidates Percentage may be relaxed with 5% or 0.5 in case of CGPA.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission. A provisional degree certificate is mandatory at the time of admission (Scheduled to be 1st August 2018).
Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants can submit their forms for the respective departments using the following links:
- I am in my first year of the Master's degree, am I eligible to apply for the i-PhD program?
Yes, you are eligible.
- Can I apply for i-PhD in more than one discipline?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for more than one discipline, you can apply for both the disciplines by filing their respective application forms.
- What is the fellowship structure?
Institute will provide decent fellowship to an i-PhD student during the first two years, after which they will be receive a higher fellowship at par with a regular PhD student.
- Will I be paid for my travel expenses for attending the i-PhD written test/interview?
Institute will NOT be able to reimburse for your travel tickets.
- Is it possible to leave the programme after MS?
There is no exit option after MS.
- Will I get an MS degree? If yes, how many years after joining the programme?
The MS degree will be provided together with the PhD degree, however it will carry a date same as the date of passing the comprehensive examination, which is usually conducted before registering for a PhD.
- How long does it take to complete the degree?
Usually, it takes around six years to get a PhD degree in this program.
- If I am selected in one department, am I allowed to choose research supervisor/mentor from other departments? Is it possible to pursue research with multiple supervisor/mentor?
You may be allowed to pursue research with multiple faculty and faculty from other departments, provided your primary supervisor/mentor is affiliated to your parent department.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".