Applications for August, 2015 will open on Monday, 9 March, 2015 and will close on Friday, 17 April, 2015. The entrance exams for 2015 will be held on Monday, 18 May, 2015. The detailed exam schedule will be announced when admissions open.
Academic programmes offered at CMI
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year integrated course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics (3 year integrated course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Applications of Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics.
Eligibility for Admission
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: B.Sc.(Math)/B.Math/B.Stat/B.E./B.Tech.
- M.Sc. in Applications of Mathematics: B.Sc.(Math/Physics/Statistics)/B.Math/B.Stat/B.E./B.Tech.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(C.S.)/B.C.A. or B.Sc.(Math) with a strong background in C.S.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc.(C.S.)/M.C.A.
- Ph.D. in Physics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Physics)/M.Sc.(Physics).
When applications are open, forms may be obtained online or in person. For all the programmes, applicants will have to take an entrance examination, typically held in May at multiple centres across the country. The entrance examination centres for 2015 will be as follows: Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Kolkata, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Shillong, Silchar, Srinagar and Trivandrum.
Selection for all Ph.D. programmes will involve an interview at Chennai. For all other programmes, interviews will be at the discretion of the Admissions Committee—the Committee may call shortlisted candidates for an interview depending on their prior academic record.
All students receive handsome scholarships that meet all expenses. B.Sc. (Hons.) students receive a scholarship of Rs. 4000 per month, M.Sc. students receive a scholarship of Rs. 6000 per month and Ph.D. scholarships start at Rs. 16000 per month. Students of B.Sc. (Hons.) also receive an additional monthly scholarship of Rs. 1000, made possible through generous private donations.
For more information, see www.cmi.ac.in
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".