Applicants seeking admission for a Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience in one of the Participating Institutes may appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) at one of the Exam Centers. Applicants who are expected to complete their final examinations by August of each year are also eligible to appear for the JEST exam of that year. Applicants must pay an application fee and register to appear for the exam.
Last date for JEST online application is December 8th, 2014.
Further details are given below…
Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)
- M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in related disciplines.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science. Visit website of IMSc For more information. M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science for Ph.D. in Neuroscience at NBRC.
- At HRI, IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, SNBNCBS, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS candidates with a Bachelor’s degree will also be considered for the integrated M.Sc., Ph.D. programme in Physics.
- Graduates with M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics / B.E. / B.Tech. degree in subjects mentioned above will be considered. Visit IIA website for details.
- Graduates with Bachelor’s degree in Physics/Technology/Engineering will be considered for the Int. Ph.D. programme in Physics.
Application Fee: An Application Fee of Rs. 300 (Rs 150 for SC/ST applicants) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online using the State Bank of India i-collect facility. Debit OR Credit cards and State Bank of India Net-banking options are permitted. No other payment mode will be accepted.
Online submissions will starts from: November 1st, 2014
Last date for submission of applications: December 8th, 2014
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".