The applicant should have a Masters degree in Science/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ NBHMJRF/JGEEBILS(TIFR/NCBS)/ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/DST- INSPIRE qualified.
Detailed criteria set by individual departments for PhD admissions:
Department of Biological Sciences: The applicant should have M. Sc./ B. Tech/ MBBS/ M. Tech or equivalent degree and should have a valid GATE(Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Ecology and Evolution) / CSIR-UGC-NET/ JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS)/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
Department of Chemical Sciences: The applicant should have M. Sc. degree in Chemistry/ Physics (with a minimum of 55% marks) and should have a valid NET/ GATE/ DST-Inspire fellowship in Chemistry/ Physics.
Department of Mathematical Sciences: The applicant must have qualified one of the following examinations GATE/CSIR-UGC-NET/NBHM-JRF with Mathematics as the primary subject. Applicants who have obtained the DST-INSPIRE fellowship must have taken Mathematics as their primary subject during their Master’s programme.
Department of Physical Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree in physics or a Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering, and should have a valid GATE/CSIR-UGC-NET/JEST/DST-Inspire fellowship in Physics.
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences: The applicant should have M. Sc./ B. Tech/ M. Tech in Atmospheric Chemistry/ Earth and Environmental Science/ Chemistry/ Physics (with a minimum of 55% marks) and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences: The applicant should have M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Phil degree (with a minimum of 55% marks) in one or more of the following subjects: Philosophy / Sociology / Anthropology / Modern Indian History / Archaeology / Prehistory / Paleoanthropology / Ancient Indian History / Gender studies / Geography or related areas such as development studies, South Asian studies. UGC/NET is desirable.
Instruction to Be Followed for Online Application
1. Select PhD Admissions – January 2015 and enter a valid E-mail address to register. This email id will be used for correspondence.
2. Once you register, the login information with password will be sent to your e-mail. Provide the same login (email id and password) at the login page. A prompt for password would appear when you enter your email id and click submit.
3. All fields marked by (*) are mandatory.
4. Filling all mandatory fields are required to make your application complete.
5. Move your mouse over the green icon besides each field for help if required.
6. Click “Save” to save your entries at each page.
7. Once you finish entering all the details and clicked “Save” button, a preview of all pages is shown for you to cross check your entries with a “Submit” button.
8. Form will only be submitted after clicking on “Submit”. Note that you cannot make any changes after that.
9. After you submit the form, “Download Report PDF” link is provided for you to download your application and take a print copy.
10. The print copy should be duly signed by the applicant with date. You need to affix a passport size photograph in the space provided and submit this print copy at the time of Interview.
11. Fully Completed, Submitted Online application are strongly required to consider your application.
12. The start date for receiving online phd applications is 22nd September, 2014 and end date 15th October, 2014 at 12:00 noon.
13. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be REJECTED .
14. You can view the status of the application by providing the login information anytime.
- Status: form Incomplete – Login and check whether you have filled in all mandatory fields and submit your application ,
- Status: form Complete – Your form is submitted for Committee review.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".