SP (Basic Sciences)
After scrutiny of application forms and based on the performance in the Board Examination(s), all the eligible candidates from Streams SA, SX and SB have to appear for a written aptitude test (conducted both in Hindi and English). The test will be conducted at different centers across the country on 30th October 2011. The details of the venue of the aptitude tests will be put on the KVPY website in October 2011. Based on the performance in the aptitude test, candidates will be called for the interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
KVPY applicant is required to submit the project report, chosen and executed by the candidate exclusively for this application. The projects done jointly with other candidates are not considered for KVPY Fellowship award. Applicant’s creativity and originality should be amply reflected in the project. This project has to be supervised by a teacher/professional in the relevant field. Based on the project submitted and scrutiny of the application form, short listed candidates will be called for an interview, which is the final stage of the selection procedure. The interview will be conducted at IISc, Bangalore during the month of December 2011 or January 2012.
- Each Stream has its own application form. Students who wish to apply for more than one Streams should submit separate applications.
- Applicants may apply either by Hard copy or Online (will open in new window).
- For Online application forms, click here (will open in new window). Those who are unable to apply online, may request for a Hard Copy.
- Hard copy of the application form can be obtained from KVPY on request by remitting a processing fee*, ** of `Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST) at any core banking branches of STATE BANK OF INDIA, payable at all branches in India into the credit of "Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana(KVPY) A/c. No. 10270577392" and sending the "Pay-In-Slip" along with the request, clearly indicating the stream (i.e. SA, SB, SP) on the envelope.
Download Pay-In-Slip: .pdf format or .doc format.
* Girl students are exempted from payment of processing fee.
** Physically and visually challenged candidates are exempted from payment of the processing fee.
- The SC/ST – candidates should provide a copy of the caste certificate issued by a competent authority in the prescribed proforma.
- The completed application form along with the
- Caste certificate in the case of SC/ST candidate
- Medical certificate from the prescribed authority in case of physically and visually challenged candidates.
- Project report in the case of SP (Basic Sciences/Medicine).
- Copy of the marks statement of the qualifying examination(s), in the case of Stream SP.
- The original copy of the challan of processing fee of Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST)
should reach KVPY on or before 12.9.2011 (Monday).
- KVPY will not be responsible for postal delays in receiving completed application.
- Last date for receipt of the request for application form.
|1.||By post||:||02 September 2011|
|2.||In person at IISc||:||09 September 2011|
- Last date for closing of Online application : 09 September 2011
- Last date for receipt of the completed application : 12 September 2011
(both Online/Hard Copy along with cast certificate,
project report and processing fee) :
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".