IIT Gandhinagar is looking for bright and dedicated young scholars interested in research to join IIT Gandhinagar as PhD scholars. Currently, IIT Gandhinagar offer PhD programme in several disciplines in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical and Mechanical), Sciences (Chemistry and Physics) and Humanities & Social Sciences (Cognitive Science, Economics/Finance, English, Philosophy and Sociology). Prospective students satisfying the eligibility criteria are encouraged to acquaint themselves with the research areas of our faculty members for suitable match of interest.
- Minimum qualification prescribed (One of the following in appropriate areas) 1. First class or equivalent Master's Degree in Engineering / Technology (55% for SC/ST)
- 2. A First class Master’s degree (55% for SC/ST) in Science or a first class in Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology (55% for SC/ST).
- 3. A First class Master’s degree (55% for SC/ST) in Arts/Commerce OR a first class in Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology (55% for SC/ST).
- IIT Gandhinagar may use higher cut off levels for short listing
- Minimum residential requirement for external candidate is normally one year
- IIT Gandhinagar strongly believes in value addition through course work
- Please consult the project profiles of faculty members before applying for PhD program
- Name of the short listed candidates for test/interview will be available on the website: October 27, 2010
- Test/interview for PhD admissions: November 19-20, 2010
- Selected candidates list would be available on the website: November 23, 2010
- Last date for payment of fees: December 10, 2010
- PhD registration: December 27, 2010
All communications regarding PhD Admission are to be addressed to:
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".