Admission in Post-M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme 2009
The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, a premier research institution engaged in advanced scientific research in a number of areas and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt of India, invites motivated students to apply for its residential Post-M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme 2009.
- Qualification: M.Sc.* in Physics / Physical Chemistry / Mathematics / Biophysics / Biochemistry/Bioinformatics with at least 55% marks (completed or appearing).
- Interview: The candidates will be called for an interview during 23-26 June 2009 at SNBNCBS based on their JEST / GATE score of 2009, or CSIR-UGC-NET (JRF / LS) qualification. Chemistry/Bio students without GATE/NET qualification may appear for an entrance test conducted by SNBNCBS on 3 May 2009 (Please see a separate announcement on PMSc-Ph.D Programme in Chemical Sciences).
- Desired field of Study: The candidates are required to indicate their choice of areas of research i.e. the department he / she would like to be considered for admission. A list of research areas and the respective faculty members can be found on the S N Bose Centre's website. There are four departments at the Centre: 1. Theoretical Science, 2. Material Science, 3. Astrophysics & Cosmology, 4. Chemical, Biological & Macro-molecular Sciences.
- Residential Programme – The PMSc-PhD Research is a residential programme all through, and the Centre will provide free hostel facility.
- Monthly Stipend: Junior Research Fellow – Rs 12,000 for first two years then upgradable to SRF (Rs 14,000) on satisfactory performance.
- Application Deadline: 20 April 2009
Application should be made online at http://www.bose.res.in/admission.htm
For clarification or further information please contact –
The Admission Committee
S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
Block-JD, Sector III, Salt Lake
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".