National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to 5 year MSc integrated programme at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai.
1. Eligibility: Students securing at least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India are eligible to apply. For Scheduled Cast (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%. Students who have passed the Class XII qualifying examination in 2007 or 2008 or are appearing in 2009 are eligible to apply
2. Age Limit: General category candidates and Candidates belonging to Other Backward Castes (OBC) born on or after 01 Oct. 1984 are eligible to apply. For SC/ST/PD candidates the age limit is relaxable by 5 years. In any case, the eligibility criterion mentioned in point 1 above must be satisfied.
3. Number of Seats and Reservation: The details of number of seats and their break-up as per statutory government norms is given in the website of NISER (http://niser.ac.in/NEST) and UM-DAE CBS (http://www.tifr.res.in/~cbs). This year (2009), the number of seats is 52 at NISER and 30 at UM-DAE CBS. The admission will be very selective and students who are highly motivated to pursue higher education and research in science and its applications are
likely to be selected.
4. Application Fee: Application fee for appearing in NEST is Rs. 500/- for general category and OBC male candidates. For SC/ST/PD candidates and female candidates the amount is Rs. 250/-. The application fee should be sent to Chief Coordinator, NEST-2009 in the form of a demand draft in favour of NISERNEST payable at Bhubaneswar.
5. Application Form: Application form for NEST examination is available to download on NEST website (http://niser.ac.in/NEST). Candidates may fill the application form on-line or download it from the website. They may also get the form by post by writing to
The Chief Coordinator, NEST-2009
National Institute of Science Education and Research,
Institute of Physics Campus,
Bhubaneswar 751 005
Last date for receipt of request for application form is March 6, 2009. Completed application forms along with application fee must reach The Chief Coordinator, NEST-2009 latest by April 3, 2009.
On-line applications: This mode of filling of application form is recommended. On-line application forms may be filled in more than one sitting. On completion of the filling of the form the candidate should print the form, paste his/her photograph at appropriate place, sign it and send it to The Chief Coordinator, NEST-2009, National Institute of Science Education and Research, Institute of Physics Campus, Bhubaneswar-751 005 along with application fee in the form of demand draft by March 28, 2009. The draft details must be filled in appropriate boxes in the application form. Application forms and demand draft should be sent by speed post or registered post.
Last date for request of application form : March 6, 2009
Last date for receipt of completed application form with DD : April 3, 2009
Online applications freeze : April 3, 2009
Date of examination
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".