Eligibility and Qualifications for Kerala TET : Candidates should have following qualifications as prescribed by the NCTE. The State governments may change the qualifications and eligibility requirements as per the GOs issued by them.
- Kerala TET (KLTET) Qualification Teachers of Classes I-V (Paper I): Candidates should have passed in Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45 percent marks. Those appearing in final 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education in Special Education are also eligible. OR Candidates with BA / B.Sc. with at least 50 percent marks and B.Ed qualification can also apply.
- Kerala TET (KLTET) Qualification Teachers of Classes VI-VIII (Paper II) : Applicants having B.A. / B.Sc and those appearing in final 2 year D.Ed. / B.A. /B.Sc. with at least 45 percent marks and passed / appearing in B.Ed / Senior Secondary with at least 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) / 4-year BA/ B.Sc.Ed. or B.A. (Ed.)/B.Sc. (Ed.) / B.Ed. (Special Education) with 50 percent in BA or B.Sc are eligible for KLTET.
Online Registration View K-TET Online Application Form K-TET Online Hall Ticket K-TET Roll Number(Searching)
DownloadsHow to apply for K-TET Notification Prospectus Syllabus
K-TET Contact Numbers
0471-2546832, 0471-2546823, 0471-2546816
KLTET 2012 Exam pattern and Scheme:
KLTET consists of two objective type question papers. Each paper will consist of 150 MCQs and each question carries 1 marks totaling for 150 marks. Following are the details of question papers:
- Paper I: To become teachers for classes I-V in Kerala primary school.
- Paper II: To become teachers for classes between VI and VIII in Kerala upper primary school.
- Paper I and II: For those candidates who interested in teaching from Class I to VIII. They can appear for both the papers and have to get qualifying marks to be considered for all the classes.
Structure and Content (All Compulsory): KTET 2012
|(i) Child Development and Pedagogy||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(ii) Language I||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iii) Language II||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iv) Mathematics||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(v) Environmental Studies||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Total||150 MCQs||150 Marks|
KLTET 2012 Paper II (for classes VI to VIII): Duration of examination – one-and-a-half hours
Structure and Content: KTET 2012
|(i) Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(ii) Language I (compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iii) Language II (compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iv)(a) For Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics and Science |
(b) For Social Studies/Social Science teacher: Social Science
(c) For any other teacher: either (a) or (b)
|60 MCQs |
|60 Marks |
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".