► Free Education for PhD Positions in the Field of Computational Multiscale Modeling at University of Twente, Netherland
3 PhD positions in the field of computational multiscale modeling University of Twente Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) 3 PhD positions in the field of computational multiscale modeling Enschede, 7500 AE (Overijssel) , 38 hours per week University of Twente.
The PhD positions focus on multi-phase transport of heat and mass in complex media. This involves the dynamics of large ensembles of small droplets in a gas flow through a domain with complex shape. The droplets undergo phase transition, i.e., evaporation and condensation, and chemical transformations.
In addition, the droplets mutually collide, leading to break-up or coalescence. The individual projects share a mathematical- physical multiscale modeling strategy, which is at the heart of research at the MMS group. Separate projects are:
* PhD1: Multiscale heat and mass transport in porous plugs
* PhD2: Aerosol dynamics in complex domains
* PhD3: Control of aerosol migration with temperature gradients
These projects will be conducted in a collaboration with international industrial partners. For more information, contact prof.dr.ir. B.J. Geurts at email@example.com or visit http://www.home.math.utwente.nl_geurtsbj/MMS/Welcome.html
- Required education/skills: University Graduate
- Requirements: You have an MSc degree in Applied Mathematics, Physics or an Engineering Science, with interest in computational modeling and simulation.
- Job type: Research / Advising
- Workfield(s) : - Post-doctorates( Scientific discipline: Engineering)
University of Twente Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) Sharing knowledge, working together, research, innovation. It is all part of the only campus university in the Netherlands: the University of Twente (UT). A university with an international character. We have for example many foreign doctoral students, and master programmes are provided in English.
Divided over 5 faculties, we provide more than 50 Bachelor and Master programmes, varying from Applied Physics and Public Administration to Applied Communication Science and Biomedical Technology. In beautiful green surroundings, more than 8000 students and 2700 staff live, work and recreate at the UT. It is also a place where talented people get every opportunity to perform cutting edge research. But as an entrepreneurial university this is not all we do.
In `Kennispark` , for example, we work together with the business community, we support our students in setting up their own businesses and participate in many projects in the area of knowledge development. In brief, a dynamic climate in which to work and study. The Computer Science department of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) is one of the largest academic institutions in computer science in the Netherlands, with 220 faculty members and 1200 students. It provides courses in Technical Computer Science, Business Information Technology, and Telematics. In addition, the department contributes to computer science education within other academic programmes. The research of the department is part of the multidisciplinary research institute Centre for Telematics and Information Technology (CTIT).
Conditions of employment
- Estimated maximum salary per month: eur 2000 - 2500
- Maximum salary amount in Euro`s a month 2558
- Employment basis: Temporary for specified period
- Duration of the contract: 4 years
- Maximum hours per week: 38
- Additional conditions of employment: You are invited to send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 15, 2008.
Please include a letter describing your personal motivation, your CV, names and addresses of referees, a list of courses you completed and the grades you obtained. Mention vacancy number 08/074. The chair MMS is part of the Applied Analysis and Computational Sciences (AACS) cluster at the Department of Applied Mathematics of EEMCS, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Sciences. The research at MMS is embedded in the mechanics institute IMPACT at UT, in the J.M. Burgers Center for Fluid Mechanics in the Netherlands and in the recently established Dutch Center of Excellence `Fluids and Solids`.
In the MMS group pioneering research is conducted in mathematics, physics and computational science. This is applied to fluid mechanics problems in nature and technology both at very large and very small scales. Emphasis is on problems related to energy, environment and health
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from:
Prof. dr. ir. B.J.Geurts
Telephone number: 053 489 4125
E-mail address: email@example.com
Or additional information can be obtained through one of the following links:
* About the organization http://www.utwente.nl/en/
* About the department http://www.ewi.utwente.nl/en/index.html
* About the function http://www.utwentenl/vacatures/vacatures_externe_werving/08-074-eng.doc
* website faculty EEMCS http://www.ewi.utwente.nl/en/
* website the group Applied Analysis & Mathematical Physics http://www.math.utwente.nl/aamp/
You can apply for this job before 15 April 2008 (dd-mm-yyyy) by sending your application to:
Prof. dr.B.J Geurts
postbus 217 7500 AE Enschede
When applying for this job always mention the vacancynumber AT/08/074.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".