BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY
Established by Parliament by Notification No:225 of 1916
Phone:0542-2368418, 2307255-58, FAX: 0542-2368418
NOTIFICATION FOR ENTRANCE TESTS/ADMISSIONS 2008
The University notifies for the sale of application forms and related information bulletin for admission to various Under Graduate & Post Graduate courses and Special Courses of Study (Diploma & Certificate) in the Session 2008-2009.
A. UNDERGRADUATE COURSES (UET):
a. General: B.A. (Hons.) Arts; B.A. (Hons.) Social Sc.; B.Sc. (Hons.) Maths; B.Sc. (Hons.) Bio.; B.Com. (Hons.); **/(B.Com. (Hons.)) Financial Markets Management* (Special Courses of Study]; Shastri (Hons.)
b. Professional: After + 2 Level: B.F.A.; B.Mus.; B.Sc. (Ag.); after graduation: LL.B.; B.Ed./B.Ed (Special) and B.P.Ed._**
B. POST GRADUATE COURSES (PET):
M.A.: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, English, French, German, Hindi, Marathi, Nepali, Pali, Persian, Sanskrit, Telugu, Urdu, Linguistics, Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology, Philosophy, Indian Philosophy & Religion, History of Art, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology.
M.Sc.: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Computer Science, Biochemistry.
M.Sc. (Tech.): Geophysics
M.A./M.Sc.: Geography, Statistics, Mathematics, Home Science, Psychology
M.Com.: Acharya: Veda, Vyakaran, Jyotish, Dharmashastra, Mimamsa, Vedanta, Nyayavaiseshika, Prachinanyaya, Sankhyayoga, Puranetihasa, Sahitya, Dharmagama, Baudha Darshan, Jain Darshan.
M.A.: Prayojanmoolak Hindi (Patrakarita), Museology; Mass Communication, M.Lib.I.Sc.; M.P.Ed.; M.F.A.; M. Mus.; M.Ed.; M.Ed. (Special); LL.M.; MCA;
M.Sc. in Health Statistics
M.Sc. in Bioinformatics (For female)
M.Sc. (Ag.): Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Entomology & Agricultural Zoology, Extension Education, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Horticulture, Mycology & Plant Pathology, Plant Physiology and Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry.
1. M.A. in : Tourism Management**, Social Work, Public Administration, Master o Personnel Management and Industrila Relations.
2. M.Sc. (Tech.) in Enviornmental Science & Technology*, M.Sc. in : Enviornmental Science, Applied Microbiology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Petroleum Geo-Science.
3. Master of: Export Management & Promotion (MEMP), Finance and Control (MFC), Risk and Insurance Management (MRIM)
4. LLM in : Human Rights & Duties Education
5. MBA in Agri-Business*
6. M.Sc (Ag.) Agroforestry*, Soil & Water Conservation*, M.Sc. in Food Sciene & Technology, Plant Biotechnology*, Master of Agri-business Mangement, M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering (Soil & Water Conservation Engineering).
C. SPECIAL COURSES OF STUDY (Diploma and Certificate)
1. 2 and half year Diploma in Naturopathy and yoga therapy*
2. 2 -year Diploma in: Office Management & Busines Communication**., Tourism Management**, Panchkarma Therapy, Dialysis Therapy, Ayurvedic Drug Standardization, Medical Technology (Radio Therapy), Maternal Health Care (for female), Neonatal & Child Care, Kshar Karma, Vikiran & Chhaya Lab Technology, Vastu Shastra Evam Jyotish*, Photography*, Design & Serigraphy*, Dental Mechanic and Dental Hygienist.
3. 1 - year Diploma in: Language Technology, Journalism and Mass Communication*, Manuscriptology, Insurance Management*, Industrial and Intellectual Property Laws*, GIS**, Japanese Studies, Conflict Management & Development, Counseling and Psychotherapy*, Business Economics*, Integrated Rural Development & Management, Sed Technology*, Post Harvest Technology*, Entrepreneurship Management*
4. 1 - year Certificate Course in: Parasav Vigyan (Female only), Karma Kanda*, Paining, Advertising Design
5. 6 months Certificate Course in: Handloom, Weaving & Handicrafts*, Dying & Printing, Textile Design*
[Note: (i) The courses marked '**' will be also conducted at Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, Barkachha, Mirzapur; (ii) Courses marked'*' will be only conducted at Rajiv Gandhi South Campus Barkachha, Mirzapur, (iii) Few regular PG level courses may be introduced at two affilated colleges of teh University (DAV Degree and Arya Mahila Degree College, Varanashi]
Admission to the Under Graduate & Post Graduate Courses will be made thorugh Under Graduate and Post Graduate Entrance Test (UET/PET), However, there will be no entrance test for special courses of study (Diploma and Certificate courses) except department test, if any.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. The University reserves the right not to run a course, Reservations as per Government of India.
INFORMATION BULLETIN PLUS APPLICATION FORM can be obtained only from the ENTRANCE TEST CELL, OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS, BHU, VARANASI - 221 005, either on cash payment of Rs. 50/- (Fifty only) from 11 AM to 3 PM on working days OR by registered post by sending a written request mentioning name, course i.e. Undergraduate,Postgraduate, Special Courses of Study (Diploma and Certificate), postal address along with : (i) A crossed MICR Demand Draft issued by any Nationalized/Scheduled Bank for Rs. 100/- (One Hundred only) in favour of the CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS, BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY, payable at Varanasi, indicating name of the candidate and course on its reverse (ii) A self-addressed unstamped envelope of the size 32cm x 26cm. The UET/PET/Special Courses of Study (Diploma & Certificate) Information Bulletin Plus Application Form will also be available on Cash payment at Rajiv Gandhi South Campus Barkacha, Mirzapur and some other diesignated office of the University.
(1) Test Fee shall be charged along with the application form as per details in the Information Bulletin.
(2) Only MICR Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque is acceptable.
(3) Foreign nationals are exempted from appearing in Entrance Test and are required to contact the the International Centre, C/3/3, Tagore House, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi - 221 005 for further details
(4) Candidates may visit our website (www.bhu.ac.in) for further details.
(5) Application Form- incomplete and / or received after the last date, shall not be accepted.
(6) University shall not be responsible for any delay/loss of application form in postal transit/courier.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR SALE AND RECEIPT OF APPLICATION FORM OF: UET/PET/Special Courses of Study (Diploma and Certificate):
Commencement of Sale of Forms : 27-02-2008
Last Date Receipt of Postal Requisition for Forms: 27.2.2008
Last Date for
(a) Receipt of postal requisition for Forms: 10.3.2008
(b) Sale of Forms from Counter: 24.3.208
(c) Receipt of Completed Forms (by hand or post): 25.3.2008
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".