We invite applications forDoctoral Positions.
The positions are immediately available.
- an excellent recent university degree in Natural Sciences (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Medicine): M.Sc., German diploma or equivalent (candidates about to obtain such a degree are welcome to apply)
- an integrative and co-operative personality
- motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of the Graduate School
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- achievement-oriented performance to promote JSMC as a groundbreaking Graduate School in Life Sciences
- outstanding communication skills in English
- a top-level research environment
- a doctoral fellowship and generous research funding
- a periodic research report system
- efficient supervision by a team of two supervisors
- a comprehensive mentoring program
- courses in novel technologies and soft skills
- a highly communicative atmosphere between the involved institutions and companies
- Jena – the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively city with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
The Research fellowship is paid according to the rules of the DFG (German Research Foundation).
The Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
For the first step of the application procedure please aquaint yourself with the scientific themes of the 1stcall on our website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de and thoroughly fill in the "Statement of Interest" also available on this site.
Deadline: December 21st, 2007.
Decisions will be communicated to applicants by the end of December and selected applicants willbe able to start as early as February 2008.
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".