- Minimum Qualifications: PhD or Waiting for thesis defense after submission of thesis.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses and accommodation at the time of interview: Candidates called for interview would be provided accommodation and would be eligible for reimbursement of train fare by II A.C.
- Discipline of Research: In all areas of engineering, sciences and humanities subject to the interest of the concerned faculty.
- Duration of the appointment: Initially for one year and may be extended on mutual requirement and availability. Duration cannot exceed three years.
- Contingency Grant: The PDF is primarily targeted to do full-time research in conjunction with a faculty at IIT Gandhinagar along with upto 10 hours of teaching/ tutorials/ laboratoryinstructions per week. Reasonable contingency grant will be made available based on research requirements. IIT also may provide funding in an effort to develop specific research facilities deemed necessary for the research.
- Fellowship amount: The consolidated Fellowship amount and House Rent Allowance (HRA) are given in the table below. Note: at present, on-campus housing is not available, but private accommodation is available near the institute. An additional fellowship of upto Rs 15,000/- per month may be considered through endowment fund based on the recommendation of the selection committee and availability of funds.
Consolidated amount per month
(In lieu of on-campus housing)
- Medical Benefits: The medical benefits for PDFs will be at par with those provided to the PhD research scholars at IIT Gandhinagar.
- Leave: 30 days of leave per year
Faculty Mentor at IIT Gandhinagar
Area of Research
Number of PDF positions available
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".