MANGALORE UNIVERSITY Mangalagangothri - 574 199
NOTIFICATION FOR Ph.D PROGRAMME 2012-2013
Applications in the prescribed form in two sets are invited from the eligible candidates for Enrolment to Ph.D programme in the University P.G. Departments/ Recognized Research Centre/ Institutions having affiliation for Ph.D Programme for the year 2012.
Prescribed application forms along with the detailed notification may be obtained from the Registrar, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri - 574199, D.K or the Principal, Field Marshal K.M. Cariappa College, Madikeri or the Principal, University College, Hampankatta, Mangalore D.K on payment of `.650/- (Rupees Six Hundred and Fifty only) (`.325/- for SC/ST/CAT-1 Candidates on production of Caste certificate) through Challan or D.D of any Nationalized Banks drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, Mangalore University.
1) A candidate who has obtained any Masterís Degree of Mangalore University or any other University considered as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Cat-I and Differently-abled candidates) in aggregate or equivalent grade.
2) The teachers employed in University/ affiliated colleges before 31.3.1992 and are continuing in service on a regular basis shall be permitted if they have a minimum of 50% of marks at the Masterís Degree level.
SELECTION OF CANDIDATE:
Selection of candidates for Ph.D programmes will be based on Centralized Entrance Test, Interview and marks obtained in the Qualifying Examinations in the Ratio of 50:50 and overall minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/Cat-I) and as per Merit Cum Reservation Policy.
Those Candidates who qualify U.G.C/ CSIR (JRF) Examination/ NET/ SLET/ GATE/ Teacher Fellowship holder/ M.Phil degree holder who have already appeared for Entrance Test or Research candidates working under sponsored Major Research Projects are exempted from appearing for Entrance Test. The selection of these candidates is based on their performance in the Interview and marks obtained in the Qualifying Examinations in the Ratio of 50:50.
Application and other details such as Regulation & Guidelines governing Ph.D. programme are available in the University website: www.mangaloreuniversity.ac.in.
Downloaded applications shall be accompanied by a D.D./ Challan towards the prescribed fee.
Download application form:
Duly filled in applications shall be submitted in two sets along with required documents on or before 29.09.2012 to the Chairman of the concerned P.G. Department/ Head of the Recognized Research Centre/ Principal of the College having affiliation for Ph.D. Programme.
For more information, candidates may contact the respective Chairman of the PG Department/ Head of Research Centre/ Principal of the concerned College.
The details of the Entrance Test will be intimated to the candidates later.
Entrance test fee is `.500/- (`.250/- for SC/ST and Category I candidates).
1) Attested copies of Caste Certificate and other relevant documents should be enclosed.
2) The application fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
3) Those who are in service should submit their applications through proper channel.
4) Incomplete/ application not in the prescribed form will be rejected.
No further correspondence will be entertained in the matter.
5) The University reserves the right to fill the seats or not to fill the seats.
For more information visit: http://www.mangaloreuniversity.ac.in
Posted by our guest writer S . If there is any content violations Report the Administrator by clicking "Report Problem".